M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[I notice I'm getting some sort of weird pleasure from posting the Z word these days, so sorry about that] - but I see that in the USA if not in my frozen homeland, Hornaday has Zombie 00 Buck rounds on the market, of course in the smaller super premium priced boxes. I confess that I've never worried too much about high quality buckshot shells the way I would a bird load, and in light of the reduced number of shot have in fact regarded them as all pretty much the same, in the same size I mean. But let me ask if there is a place in the world for them after all, and if there is one how many zombie box fulls should I buy on my next visit?

·
Registered
863 Posts
uh..... none! Or just one box to have your friends laugh about it.
this is Marketing hype. I wouldn't pay a premium price for some cool packaging and colored rounds. Save your money and buy more of the cheaper stuff.
Just my .02

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,124 Posts
this is Marketing hype. I wouldn't pay a premium price for some cool packaging and colored rounds. Save your money and buy more of the cheaper stuff.
Just my .02
+1 Sweets.DI5

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Just my .02
Don't listen to gatorshooter... he's probably a Zombie, that's why he doesn't want you to buy any!!! GI2

Buy one for fun... buy more if it's on sale!

Reactions: 73C40

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thats funny! Good one.

Hey, I'm not a zombie, however according to the show walking dead.. we may all be infected! :)

Understand, I am tempted to buy a box just to get the reaction from my friends when they see it.
The rumor I heard was that the hornady design and marketing folks were joking about making some zombie ammo during a meeting and one of them went back and drew up the box design etc...just as a continuation of the joke and they all just looked at each other and said "no other company has it" and they ran with the idea.. I think its a great marketing concept! and I am sure it is quality ammo and all that. I guess I'm just to tight with my Fun/hobby budget to spend the extra $.

Buy it cheap and stack it deep is my motto.

Reactions: charlesPOSTLEwade

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll definitely get one box of the Zombie stuff for collector purposes, but the real purpose of my question got buried here (joke intentionalGI1), which was intended to be: do premium super-deluxe buckshot loads perform significantly than standard ones?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I received a box as a birthday present. It was good for a laugh. Now I have this fancy box of ammo that I will never use besides in an emergency. I agree with those suggesting you save the money on buying standard buckshot rounds. More rounds for your money.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Hey, I'm not a zombie, however according to the show walking dead.. we may all be infected! :)
As My Daughter would say "That's what they All Say"

Reactions: gatorshooter

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just finished a defensive shotgun course and the instructors had all of the students pattern the buckshot that each brought. The results between brands were vastly different.

No one brought any Zombie shells though.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

·
Registered
863 Posts
Sweets, I would pattern your particular shotgun I have found that diff bbls do better with dif loads. See what she likes to eat! Never shot any of the so called premium brands.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweets, I would pattern your particular shotgun I have found that diff bbls do better with dif loads. See what she likes to eat! Never shot any of the so called premium brands.
I should have thought of that right away- strangely I didn't- but asking the question is so much less expensive....GI1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.