M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to a 100yrd outdoor range today with some Port ammo. What I don't know is where I should zero my hits on the target to maximize my range. For some reason I remember someone telling me to put the shots about 1" high and that should carry me to 300 yards, but I could be remembering wrong

Please help!

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
It depends what your using for sights. For irons a 6 o clock hold @ 100 will put you very close to dead center @ 300. If your outfitted with a scope there are more variables, scope mount & ring hight. Usually an inch and a half @ 100 will put you about dead center @ 200yrds. Unless you want to set and forget for hunting or tactical applications, use the adjustments, thats what they're there for. For hunting pick a dead center medium range for the distance you expect to hit targets. Do a search on ballistics on your search engine and download one of the free charts out there, then verify and correct them to your rifle. Hope this helps ToeJam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.