M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the 25 meter zeroing target, I put 5 shot in a 1 inch group. How many clicks does it usually take in elevation to get in on the line? My rifle took 8..GI3 Does this sound right or is there something wrong with the rear sight? I'm stumped

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
The m80 bullet should stike 4.6cm high at 25 meters. It is the upper X on the canadian bull target (the lower X is for the M16). You then calibrate your elevation drum to 250 meters.

It is usually about 12 clicks, give or take a few.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
The m80 bullet should stike 4.6cm high at 25 meters. It is the upper X on the canadian bull target (the lower X is for the M16). You then calibrate your elevation drum to 250 meters.

It is usually about 12 clicks, give or take a few.
Yes, good advice in the above post. You'll save a lot of time/frustration and ammo doing it this way. After zeroing and setting your sights, move your target out to 100 yds, and further fine tune it. Your point of impact should be 4-5" above your point of aim. This will put you darn near dead on at 250M. dozier

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
when i zeroed mine, i didnt bother with the 25m target. i went straight to 200. when i got a proper zero in MY sitting position i loosened the drum and reset it to the 200
This is my preferred method, too.

Except, . . . I probably couldn't hit the proverbial bull sitting, . . . prone or supported, . . . OK, . . . about the only thing I can hit sitting, . . . is my mouth with a fork or spoon.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
25 Meter 1000 Inch Zero Modified Target

I am trying to attach a 25 Meter 1000 Inch Zero Target I modified. Lets see if it works.

View attachment 48365

Looks like it worked. I think the instructions are correct. If you want to modify, edit, improve; please post your suggestions. I have it in a MS Word format that prints (on my printer) in correct size. The image I was able to attach here is about 72% of the original. You can insert the JPG into a MS Word.doc and scale it in the print dialog. Each square should be 1.4cm or you can put a quarter coin in the lower right hand corner to check the size.

I hope this target works OK and it helps a few folks.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
I am trying to attach a 25 Meter 1000 Inch Zero Target I modified. Lets see if it works.

Looks like it worked. I think the instructions are correct. If you want to modify, edit, improve; please post your suggestions. I have it in a MS Word format that prints (on my printer) in correct size. The image I was able to attach here is about 72% of the original. You can insert the JPG into a MS Word.doc and scale it in the print dialog. Each square should be 1.4cm or you can put a quarter coin in the lower right hand corner to check the size.

I hope this target works OK and it helps a few folks.

I'll be trying this target today to sight in my SOCOM 16 and Colt Ar15 build. Hope it works!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.