M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took these pictures of my Yugo M59 SKS...not the M59/66 with the grenade launcher. This is the earlier version without the GL. I hardly ever see them up for sale and most of the ones I have seen all have dark bores and shows "character" like this one.

Does anyone here own one of these rifles?

Here are a couple of pictures of mine:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have been looking for one of them. Nobody local has them and so far, none of the wholesalers either. I hate my Kali special 59/66. Just looks funny. I best not start ranting about the silly laws of this state and count my blessings I'm not in NYC or NJ.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi james,

The M59's are indeed hard to find. I haven't seen any for sale recently at all. When I did see them it was over $200-$250 for an good-vg condition one.

I purchased a couple of them a while back. They are not as pretty as them new 59/66's but they at least can be left in the original configuration instead of the brake or sleeved FH.

Where in Kali are you located?

·
Rest in peace
1,399 Posts
SOG, at the beginning of the Yugo import campaign, advertised that they had less than 1000 of these rifles. If you have one, it's a rare bird, indeed. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
wdigeorge; Is that one of the Century ufixem's??? I managed to get three of them before they ranout of them and all they needed was new safety levers. I'm not sure if the condition of the ones comming in soon will be any better since some of these have had a rough life and have seen action. I figure we are going to see the ones that didn't make it to be 59/66's and i guess they just caught them on the way to be scrapped. The only thing we have to worry about is condition of the bores since there not chromed and they shot corrosive ammo its just like the old mosins and mausers too as long as they were cleaned good they should be ok but i have seen some that were slightly pitted but still made great shooters. BigBill

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm quiet sure MARSTAR will ship to the U.S, they only won't ship Chinese firearms or ammo.

"Important Notice to American Clients: while the 1994 Crime Bill (assault weapons ban) has ended, Chinese-made Norinco firearms are still prohibited from entering the United States under a different U.S. import ban. We would love to sell these firearms to Americans but the U.S. government will not let us."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.