M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 scope with the BRH reticle. Anyone have or use one of these? I really need some feedback. Looked through one this afternoon and could not believe how clear the optics were, but it is well over a grand. Any news would be great.
Thanks
Specs

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I am looking at the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 scope with the BRH reticle. Anyone have or use one of these? I really need some feedback. Looked through one this afternoon and could not believe how clear the optics were, but it is well over a grand. Any news would be great.
Thanks
Specs
For that money you should be looking at Nightforce. They have a lot more options and 30mm tubes with a lot of adjustment range, usually 100MOA, so no problems getting it sighted in if your scope mount is less than square with the rest of the rifle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The only M1A I have right now is my SOCOM 16. For me, it's intended range of three hundred meters or less is too short for a scope, but who knows what time may bring. So for now my SOCOM 16 is for iron sights only.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There are So Very Many threads here on various scope applications and choices we have all made.. Run a couple of thread searches and you will find more good opinions than are available at a medical conference on Erectile Dysfunction. Good luck! Buy the best one you can afford... Buy once, Cry Once!

·
Registered
8,680 Posts

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Thank you all for the advice will looke at more options. Goal is 1,000 if possible. In my mid 60s so the eyes are not what they used to be. specs
Go over on Sniper's Hide and watch the Optic's Classifieds. Every now and then someone will dump a nightforce 2.5-10x32 model for a grand. Also there is the newer 4-14x56 SHV model which is sort of a "Lite" Nightforce but still a good scope.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Millet 4-16x 50mm illuminated scope. It's around $400 and it's excellent for the money. I spent about a month researching scopes. You can spend more on a scope than the cost of the rifle. The Millet got excellent reviews and it has a lifetime warranty. I could not find any illuminated scopes anywhere near the price of the Millet.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Plus one on the millet - great optic for the money. The bullet drop reticle calibrated for 308 is a neat feature, but the standard reticle is real clean sight picture. 30 mm tube makes it a great low light scope with the reticle lit on low - get the last half hour of range time you never counted on before at the end of the day.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I've had a few Millett scopes and they have all done ok. My next one will be a vortex viper pst series. They are easily less than 1k for their ffp line and less for the sfp scopes. Carry a lifetime warranty and has a ton of options. Commonly compared to leupold mk4 and similar scopes and usually come out on top.

That said if I were to up my budget I think nightforce is well worth the money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts