1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Archangel?
Blackfeather?
Delta 14 Chassis?
Vltor?
USGI?
Any others?

Good Points, Bad Points? Why does it work for you. CQB or Long Range or in between?

Your thoughts are appreciated:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Love the blue camo there, Art. What does that jewel weight? Not a mountain rifle, I'll bet. As for the question, I'm old school, gotta be wood - just feels right and looks pretty, too.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This.

It's my upgraded M14 battle rifle. It's not optimized for any particular task, but meant to better accomplish the M14's original mission as an infantry rifle. The E2 stock handles well and shoots like a dream. I also love the classic lines. I put a Treeline M14 E2 Replacement Hardware kit on it because it's a working rifle and I wasn't trying to recreate an M14 E2.

Good Points:
Pistol grip gives me better control of the rifle and the trigger.
Higher, straighter comb gives better recoil control than traditional stocks.
Overall good ergonomics and comfortable to use and carry.
Lighter than or equal to many of the more modern stocks.
Original M14 stock, so the rifle drops in.
Treeline M14 lower picatinny rail allows bipod or other accessory, and does not push on the barrel.

Bad Points:
Hard to find and expensive.
Wood stock needs to be properly sealed and maintained.
Not especially friendly to modern accessories, but can be adapted. I have fitted a modern 2 point sling since this picture was taken.

·
Registered
9,274 Posts
AG Composites for my SOCOM stock.
JAE for my Loaded model.

·
Registered
10,941 Posts
I'm a fan of the USGI fiberglass stocks from the 1992 production run (rear stock in photos). Sturdier than the ones from the 1960's.

20181225_121332.jpg
20181225_121440.jpg
20181225_121448.jpg
20181225_121419.jpg

·
Premium Member
15,778 Posts
Love the blue camo there, Art. What does that jewel weight? Not a mountain rifle, I'll bet. As for the question, I'm old school, gotta be wood - just feels right and looks pretty, too.
Just over 20lbs loaded with 18 rnds.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Vltor!!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts