M14 Forum banner

Your Favorite Revolver ...

5663 43
Okay gang ...

Inquiring lminds want to know ... :?:

What is your favorite revolver ... :?:

Myself ... I'm kinda partial to the Smith & Wesson in .357 but I like others as well ... :)

Six
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
the only revolvers I have handeled are two police issued S&W's. The first was a .38 from around the 1930's and was my grandfathers, the second was my fathers duty .357. Both were exceptionally fun to shoot, but I find my self drawn to autoloaders.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha Six:

I loved shooting the six guns (wheelies) but hated cleaning them... man, it takes twice the work as a autoloader... :lol:

My favorite was the S&W Mdl. 14 (K-38). This pistol is the one that I used for PPC matches and shot with the "unlimited" class, bull barreled heavies... and I faired really well.

On a Ransom rest, it could shoot 1.5" at 50 yds when tuned, and a two stage trigger installed, shooting Federal .38 Match full wadcutters.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Rest in peace
1,155 Posts
Kind of partial to an old SS Ruger Security-Six, with a 4" barrel, Millet sights, and Daly wood combat grips. It will do everything I need a gun to do. Many thousands of .357 rounds through it, and it's still tight. :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
My favorite wheelgun? A 6" Virginia Dragoon (Interarms, and I've only seen one in my life so far) in .44magnum firing .44special handloads.

For second place, it's a toss up between S&W Model 19 or 66- .357- and Ruger's Vaquero in .45LC.

·
Registered
268 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
my only revolver S&W 686plus

that extra round surprises everyone still.

if you have a 6 shot 686 all you need is a new cylinder to make it a 7 shot. about a $100 upgrade.

is it just me or does the S&W website suck? i can't find anything anymore.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Colt Python 6 inch barrel with the lustrous blue finish.
Even friends who aren't into guns admire this one.

If I ever figure how to download pictures I'll put one on here. :oops:

·
Registered
231 Posts
My favorite wheel guns S&W 19-3 2 1/2" armaloy, S&W 66-3 3", S&W 10

2", and Ruger Spr Sgl-Six 5 1/2".........I'm thinking of S&W 625 in 4" or

5" in 45ACP......... :lol:

Gil

·
Registered
268 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.