Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Springfield Armory Gen 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your Favorite M14/M1A Scope Mount that is currently commerically available? (ie. not Brookfield)

My vote so far is the ARMS #18 (old style) but I haven't had a chance to check out the Smith Enterprise version which may be better.

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Have only used two & one is'nt listed. I first owned a B-square(very high form bore,wandering zero every couple hundred rounds & soft mounting bolt). The sprinfield 3rd gen. leaves alot to be desired IMO but will do if my a$$ aint on the line. I don't have experience with the others yet so will not vote. I am planning on plunking down some hard earned cash as soon as the doc tells me I can work again, I hope others chime in so I can make an informed oppinion though.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I'm basically an irons man myself here but if I had to choose one I think it would have to be an ARMS 18 and I have held both in my hands and heard so many good things about them. I'm sure the Smith & Brookfields are good as well but from what I hear its hard to even think about getting a Brook.

Simply the thoughts of an "irons" guy ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha George,

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have 5 ARMS #18 mounts, (4 old style and 1 new style.) Personally, I have found that they are well made and generally fit most of the receivers that they are on without much modification or fuss...

To date, I have not had brass bounce off the bottom of my scopes or mounts. So far, the ARMS mount has done such a good job at providing a solid mounting platform for my scopes that I have not ventured and bought a Smith Ent. scope mount.

I think I would like to have a Smith Ent. mount so that I could compare the two... but in my opionion the ARMS mount is worth the $150 or so dollars.

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts