M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just interested in finding out what your favorite and most memorable 1911 is. Mine? My old trusty Norinco. Bought it several years ago and still have it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
All of them! FRG1 FRG1

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have two, and I do intend to fix that..........

Rock Island Armory 1911A1
SAI GI Champion

Both have been 100% reliable, but if I had to choose between the two......the RIA because its the closest thing I got to what my grandfather used.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mine . . . dance2

A month old, 1,000+ rounds already, and not a single issue.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Most capable? Wilson Tactical Elite.

Coolest? Mint, unfired 1937 Ace.

Most emotional? 1932 Commercial Cov't Model.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I carry my Colt Series 80 in stainless steel (I hate rust).

My favorite is still my Colt Combat Commander with all the bells and whistles I installed on it back in the early 80's. Sweetest handling/shooting 1911 style pistol I've ever had in my hand or holster.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
my favorite is my Kimber custom eclispe II in stainless,my carry is a colt defender also in stainless.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
The one on my belt in my 'avatar'...

GI6

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
335 Posts
My favorites are a S&W PC 1911 that I use for a bullseye gun and my two pin and plate guns that I built about 25 years ago. One in a Colt Delta Elite and the other is a Federal Ordnance Ranger. Although its not strictly a 1911 my S&W 945 is also one of my favorite shooters.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have had a Colt and a Springfield and didn't like either of them... I bought a Kimber Pro Eclipse II (4") and found The One...

·
Registered
21 Posts
My Colt series 70 that I bought new in 1979, and carried almost daily since. It's starting to look a little ratty, so I bought a new Springfield Mil-Spec stainless to take up the slack while my Govt. is being refinished and freshened up a bit. The Springer has proven to be a capable substitute GI1.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
My new Springfield Armory Range Officer 1911...I have owned many of the other brands, but this is one of the most accurate I have ever shot. I quckly get attached to accurate, reliable firearms.GI6

·
Registered
71 Posts
My Colt series 70 Gold Cup, '44 Remington Rand, '44 Ithaca, and my lastest edition my new Remington 1911A1. These days I don't shoot the two USGI pistols.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have to go with my new Wilson Combat CQB w/rail.... I did carry my Springfield Armory Mil-Spec... tell just last week... through 500 rounds through this new Wilson and I'm hooked.... I can't miss unless I aim away from the target... and thats rapid fire at 20 feet against steel Salute target.... I'm beyond in love and amazied by the cycle... I thought my SAI was great but this thing is just WOW!!!

I still like my SAI but now I've shoot this CQB... I don't want to carry anything else.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts