·
Registered
1,693 Posts
P-245 w/8+1, & 8 more.
(TAP +P's)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II, 1 spare mag. If that's not enough .45 acp, better head for the truck.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Winter: SAI 1911A1 (7+1) .45ACP with 2 spare 7rd mags in the pocket. I bought this thing 6 or 7 years ago (as I recall...). The closest thing I see on their website now is the PX9109LP. Here's a link to a photo of it with a Micro-Compact I could never get to work.
Summer: Para Ordnance "Covert Black Slim Hawg" (6+1) .45ACP with sometimes a spare mag, sometimes not.

I'm coming to the belief that if 7 or 8 rds of 200gr EFMJ don't do the trick, I'm probably in too much trouble for a handgun anyway. Still like to have some extras if it's convenient...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Para LDA Carry
Para LDA Carry 12
SW 327
Glock 27

Ankle, shoulder, belt(side), "thunderwear" type carry, or vest. Sometimes combo carry. (Depends on weather and clothing.)

Mags/Moon clips - depends on how many guns I carry. GITEN

(More guns = less mags/moon clips)... sometimes RNGR1

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dan Wesson 1911 Classic Bobtail Commander (.45ACP) w/ 2 mags in a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage IWB

OR

CZ75 Compact 9mm w/1 mag in a High Noon Split Decision IWB (Waiting patiently for my Texas Heritage for this one)

The CZ is for when I want a bit more concelement...

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
Depends on weather. this time of year I usually carry my 380 or 44 Bulldog. I don't bother with extra mags or speed loaders. If I pull, the target won't be far away. A couple mid torso ought to end the battle. I live in the country and spare mags and all are really stretching the what ifs IMHO. No roving bands of armed thugs. Just the occasional drunk Bubba. Hopefully I can calm drunk Bubba down instead of plant him. I really hope I never have to draw my irons in fear or defense. If I do, it will be over in seconds. Not saying everyone else got it wrong. Just saying I feel confident with what I choose to carry to get me or others out of a very bad spot. Most folks go into shock after you drop someone. Last shooting I witnessed was my friend. We were leaving a place that had dancing. the guy got asked by a women to dance. Yup, she was married, trying to make hubby mad. One shot point blank with a 380 and he never spoke another word. I got off my bike and instead of running or revenge, tried to help my buddy. He tried to talk but could not. I held him until he passed. Not long, but seemed like hours. YMMV GI4

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
...not the usual...

"What do you carry concealed? How many extra mags? What set up do you use?"
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I have carried many different handguns CC over the last 30+ - years...
In Vietnam...anytime I was not in full gear...but maybe going into a Ville for a beer or two...and I thought I could get by with it...I carried my 1911 in a Clamshell Holster in the small of my back...hidden by my Fatigue Shirt...
Years ago all I had was my S & W Model 38/Cal .38 Snubnose...I used Shoemaker Paddle Holsters...
Then I have carried a Glock 27(.40)...
A Para Ord. Stealth Warthog in .45 ....
Many 'little' guns, Berettas' in .22 and .32...etc...
When I go to 'the mountains'...I often carry one of several S & W Wheelguns in .44 Mag...some bigger than others...
I have the 529 PD( I think that's the Model...)that is Titanim/Scandium/Scary!
I call it my 'carry a lot---shoot a little gun!"

But Ok, 'the Problem' with CC Guns...is that you have to actually CARRY them!
They are of Zero Value...no matter how good the gun, the holster, or how many Mags...If you don't actually have them on you!
(and yeah, I have one or two mag carriers for each gun)
And...Most are Heavy, Bulky, Awkward...and have some level of 'Printing'! (Meaning the outline of the gun can be detected)
And while it is easy to CC in cooler weather, with a Vest, Coat, Jacket, etc... covering your belt-line...it gets progessively harder to CC as the weather warms up...
Yes , there are some Inside The Pants Holsters...these work much better for Skinny People than us...Non-Skinny People!
<G>
My Skinny Son can carry his 1911 or his SAA under a non-tucked-tucked-in shirt with 'Printing'...
Me, I look like I'm trying to smuggle a 'Go-Box' out of a restaurant!
<G>
So...Under the theory that...Something, Anything is Better than Nothing...and Surprise, Stealth and downright Sneakiness should never be discounted...
I carry in my front right pants pocket...a Bond Arms Derringer(I think the best Derringer made today IMHO)...
It rides easy in a leather box holster...
It is the Snakeslayer! With 45 (LONG)Colt/.410---3"!!!
So...each .410 Round(of Two)stacks 5 each .357/000#Buck Balls...
It really is a 'Point and Click Gun'...
And I can carry it wearing almost anything except bathing trunks! (ok, forgive that mental image!)
Now...if I feel the need...
I can sure carry a Bigger, Heavier 'thang' CC on the opposite side at the same time...Cross-Draw...
Just a little different point of view here...

Cavman in Wyoming

Reactions: mkd357

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Glock 26 with 10 black talons,riding in a open top Kirkpatrick belt holster...If 10 rds are not enough,I dont think 10 or 20 more rds will make a difference......Glock

Reactions: mkd357

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sub-80 degree weather: Sig GSR 1911, with 1 extra mag.

80-120 degree weather: Ruger sp101, .357. 1 speedstrip.

I am currently unarmed if I am exercising, running, etc. I am looking at a keltec P32 or something similar that will fit in my gym shorts pockets and stay nice and light but won't tug down my shorts when I am running.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
1968 BHP, 2 spare mags (40rds total) 147gr HydraShok

Wrapped in thin Spegal grips...Don Hume JIT slide holster.

A lot of the times I carry a single spare, instead of a double.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Kimber .45 Compact Aluminum Stainless with one extra mag or S&W 642 with one speedloader.

Loud Hawaiian shirts are the greatest invention known to CC.

On the ammo thing, Jeff Cooper once said, "If you can't solve the problem with 8 rounds of .45 you won't with 17 of 9MM." Same applies regardless of caliber. That stuck with me.

CX

·
Registered
814 Posts
Loud Hawaiian shirts are the greatest invention known to CC.

CX
How right you are! I walked into the Shooters Club in Metairie one day just as Morrey was demonstrating his ability to pick out weapons that were printing. He made everyone in the room expect for one guy dressed in a blue Aloha shirt who was carrying a Glock 27. And Aloha shirts are nice and cool in the New Orleans summer heat.

Carey

G

·
My current everyday set-up is my Sig Sauer P229 Elite in .40S&W. I carry it IWB in a Blade-Tech holster with one back-up magazine on my weak side. My other set-up, for when I need something a little smaller, is my Sig Sauer P239 9mm. I also use a Blade-Tech IWB holster for this set-up. The only difference is I carry 2 back-up magazines with this one as the capicity is lower (8 rounds per magazine vs. 12 in the P229). I'm also looking to add a P220 Carry to my list of options......if I can stop buying accessories and ammo for my SOCOM II.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.