M14 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts
Now you have made a good decision in registering here this evening and most definite you came to the correct place to learn more about the M14 Battlerifle and military surplus ammunition for her nutritional dietary needs, welcome on board and enjoy the site and I hope you post often Ratus.

Please refrain from using the Firing Line as a substitute for each individuals responsibility. Any threads asking for a value will be deleted with this Sticky.

Also if you should decide to answer one of those questions, please refrain from giving a value. Without seeing the item in your own hands for a review, you can be doing an injustice to either the buyer or seller by stating a value.

You can research the Sold Classified Listings (SPF) § below here which has over 7,600 listings, or other auction sites across the internet to come up with a general price for an item(s).

DI5

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
18,128 Posts
Welcome in!

We cannot answer "What it's worth" questions per forum ROEs, I would check current sold prices in the PX here, Gunbroker, Guns America, etc.

Feel free to ask any other questions though, we are here to help if needed.
m14brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome in!

We cannot answer "What it's worth" questions per forum ROEs, I would check current sold prices in the PX here, Gunbroker, Guns America, etc.

Feel free to ask any other questions though, we are here to help if needed.
m14brian
Ok, it's not listed here http://m14forum.com/rules.php , but every forum has its little differences.

But besides that, my pop's been talking about getting an "M14" for 20+ years so he's not going to sell it anytime soon, if ever.

I was just wondering if he got hosed or made out like a bandit.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Welcome from MN.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Welcome from SD. Does he like it? If so, then it is a good deal. Check Springfield's website to see what a new one costs and figure from there. It is really hard for the average joe to wear out any rifle-there are some here on this forum who have managed to wear out a barrel or two but they are fortunate to live at a range-they have no social life.lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome.

...Does he like it? If so, then it is a good deal. Check Springfield's website to see what a new one costs and figure from there...
We got quotes from four different gun shops on ordering a new one, so I'm familiar with the pricing.

But for the price of a NEW wood stocked one he got an older one with a nice wood stock, eleven 20rnd magazines, and supposedly a chromed lined TRW barrel.

I've got a picture and the seller helpfully included an index card with all the serial/part numbers written down; so I'll make a post with that when I'm allowed.

Welcome to the site. If your dad is not familiar us please make a referral.
Thanks, I'll tell him but don't hold your breath. It's more like "...go look this up on your internets..." then "Oh, wow a new forum I can post to...".ICONLOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.