M14 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out in Colorado last week in the mountains I stopped to buy a 6 pack at a store went to the check out with my Miller high life the clerk tells me that she would drink this beer but there is a witch on the label I tell her that's not a witch she picks up a bottle and puts it up to my nose and said it sure looks like a witch . I look and yes it looks like a witch sitting on a moon with a witches hat on I get home and search the web and find out she has been there for over 100 years . I just hope the witch won't lose her job over this .

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,026 Posts
There's all kinds of stuff on beer bottles, is she superstitious?

Angry ogres, aliens, zombies, flying pigs, owls, a dog listening with headphones on, what the hell, it's beer!

POLACK would've told her she wasn't worthy.
m14brian

·
Forum Jester
6,887 Posts
Out in Colorado last week in the mountains I stopped to buy a 6 pack at a store went to the check out with my Miller high life the clerk tells me that she would drink this beer but there is a witch on the label I tell her that's not a witch she picks up a bottle and puts it up to my nose and said it sure looks like a witch . I look and yes it looks like a witch sitting on a moon with a witches hat on I get home and search the web and find out she has been there for over 100 years . I just hope the witch won't lose her job over this .
they had a picture of my ex wife on my fav beer?

Reactions: m14brian and MRusan

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What an uptight biotch.

Well, one thing is for sure, she isn't a Witch.
Simply a girl in/on the moon... Having a cold one on the moon... The High Life, can't get much higher than the moon.
One must look at the turn of the century era the painting came from to see the stylistic art of the period.

High Life bottles have always been quite distinctive, as they have a bright gold label and are made of a clear glass that has a tapered neck like a champagne bottle. High Life has brought back its "Girl in the Moon" logo, which features a modestly dressed young lady that, by legend, is company founder Frederick Miller's granddaughter. The "Girl in the Moon" logo was originally painted in the early 1900s by an unknown artist and has since been re-painted by Nebraskan artist Mike Hagel, who added his own unique touch to it.[24]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller_Brewing_Company#cite_note-seth-24

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
146 Posts
I liked Flying Dog art, the beer is great too. Sucks that they don't make it bottled anymore.

I've still only seen it bottles... almost bout a 6er of the raging b-tch yesterday. is it only canned by you?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
AFAIK, nobody sells it hereabouts. Last time I was looking for it in Colofornia, the floor guy in a mega liquor mart told me they didn't sell it in bottles anymore, it was only available in kegs for bars and eateries. Daughter and granddaughter are coming up for the forth, I'll see if I can get em to bring me a sampler pack.

·
Retired
4,607 Posts
Same here, my first thoughts were either Hitlery or Diane Feinswine, or Pelosi... If the "hat fits" wear it...

Reactions: MRusan

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,026 Posts
I think we're all gonna be fighting about who's ex-wife or mother in law it is. :cool:
m14brian

·
Forum Jester
6,887 Posts
I liked Flying Dog art, the beer is great too. Sucks that they don't make it bottled anymore.

less breakage in cans

Reactions: stoky
1 - 18 of 18 Posts