M14 Forum banner

yellow,orange,red

194 5
I figure there are basicaly 3 stages of alert for any unfortunate event.

#1, yellow. A flood, forest fire, train derail or similar event has caused local authorties to mandate evacuations.

#2, orange. Something a lot worse has happened like a cat 5 hurricane with severe flooding, destruction of the local infrastructure, looting, random shootings and vandalism.

#3, red. Foreign invasion which in a post Pearl Harbor, 9/11 world is not entirely impossible.

Lets begin this discussion with a scenario for,,,, well,,, hows about 9th Engineer.

August 2009. After nearly 300,000 years the magma chamber under the Big Island has finally reached critical mass and a major eruption has ocurred. The molecules of what were once state of the art telescopes are now 80,000 feet in the upper atmosphere, magnitude 9+ earth quakes and pyroclastic flows have destroyed the once beautiful city of Hilo. Chaos follows.What's next?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eruption + 3 hrs, Guam, the pacific tsunami early warning system headquarters. The eastern most side of the Big Island under nearly 2000 feet of water has collapsed creating a tidal wave of previously unheard of proportions. Alerts from Guam have been sent to all major coastal cities along the west coast of north america and south america. The San Diego Sheriffs office has been told to expect a wave nearly 800 feet high moving nearly 200 miles an hour in approximately 9 hours. A reporter from the local newspaper overhears the conversation between the sheriff and the Guam office. 20 minutes later the news is all over the internet and local tv stations. Panic erupts.

· Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,651 Posts
Eruption + 3 hrs, Guam, the pacific tsunami early warning system headquarters. The eastern most side of the Big Island under nearly 2000 feet of water has collapsed creating a tidal wave of previously unheard of proportions. Alerts from Guam have been sent to all major coastal cities along the west coast of north america and south america. The San Diego Sheriffs office has been told to expect a wave nearly 800 feet high moving nearly 200 miles an hour in approximately 9 hours. A reporter from the local newspaper overhears the conversation between the sheriff and the Guam office. 20 minutes later the news is all over the internet and local tv stations. Panic erupts.
Biathlon?

I don't want to just be a Smart-A** and say something like...
So Utah will be beach-front for those of us in Wyoming !?!?
GI6

So...Tell me/us more specifically...where are you going with this Thread!?
Are you just going to keep going with the same scenario?
Do you want 'reaction-responses' from us?
It is very interesting to me as just a 'doomsday' scenario playing out...But I suspect you have something more in mind!?

Thanks,

Cavman in Wyoming

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct. It ends here. You are a major player. Yeah I want everyone else to chime in. None of this is impossible and in fact the first 2 alert scenarios have in deed happened recently. Try to find clean drinking water in Iowa city right now. 2 weeks ago a train derailed in some small town in Lousiana spilling hydrochloric acid all over the place and almost 1000 folks were evacuated in a hurry. Not a problem for the folks here 'cause we all have our bug out bags ready to go and in a katrina scenario we'd probably be in better shape than %99 of the rest of the population in the USA. Here ya are Cavman, I'll give ya the next part.

· Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Eruption + 4 hours, San Francisco. The leader of a well armed and particularly vicious homosexual contingent of MS 13 has convinced most of his gang members that their only way outa here is to hijack a Union Pacific freightliner. Nearly 300 gang members climb into boxcars with their AKs, dope and what food they have. Wanting lots of room and fresh young guys they've picked the new gay destination city of Laramie Wyoming. At gunpoint the engineer accellerates to 70+ mph directly east parallel to I-80. They should arrive in Laramie the next day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.