M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
that was year I was born, a damn good year for both of us lol. nice deer btw

Why do I feel the sudden urge to call someone a Whippersnapper?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
lol I would love it if you did, it'd make me feel young again. since i hit thirty i feel like im getting old fast but the good looking girls just stay the same age

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Reactions: GSO

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
boomer1983 - this might make you feel young again..... JFYI - I was 33+ the year you were born! BEERCHUG1

And yes- nice pic of memorable years ~

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
So does 55, but you get an AARP card in the mail...
I go around all the time demanding senior's discounts. But being in the middle of the baby boom, I rarely get one- they recede from you like rainbows. I mean, when it comes to getting some gold out of them.

Anyway, nice deer on the bug there.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm 3 years older then your 66 VW, I hope you still have it. I have a 74 I am working on, old VW RULE!

Casey
Nah Man they long gone. I had 2 of them I had a 59 model I gave a $150 for and that 66 I gave $350 for. I can not believe how much they are worth today.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see a nice looking young man, a dead buck and a VW but no WMD! Did you shoot it with something or hit it with the car? (Just pokin ' a little fun)
I shot it with my trusty old Marlin .35 . I work for my Dad laying cross ties all summer. In August of 82 he carried me to the K-Mart in Roswell Ga. I had $200 in my pocket and bought the Marlin, a box of 200 gr corlokts, and of course Mamma was there an made me buy socks and drawers for school. The total was $186 for everything. I shot my first deer Thanksgiving weekend that year, a 4 pointer.

I still have that rifle. I killed my first deer with it and so did my little brother. Dad killed his biggest deer with it, a huge 9 pointer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts