M14 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first handgun ever purchased and I picked it up today at the gunshow going on down here in Hampton. I am pretty excited. I was fooling around with different ideas for my concealed carry and I was stuck between the Glock 26, 27, XDs (not released yet), or the XD-9. As you can see, I went with the XD-9. So far I love it. How it feels and opperates. Dont know about shooting it yet seeing that I just got it lol.

I am impressed with what it came with. I was expecting it to be in a box with one standard mag, but when they brought it to me, it was not the case. Came with the holster, dual mag pouch, mag loader, standard mag (13rnds), and one high cap mag (16rnds) w/extended grip, hard cause, and mag well lock.

I do wish that I asked if they had any left handed holsters on hand that I could switch the right handed one out for but eh... there are always others out there for sale.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Be a little bit before I buy accessories for this but it never hurts to look around for the options that are available.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hello AirConda, congratulations on your new XD-9sc. The first gun is always special. Sounds like your very happy with the purchase (except for the righty lefty part). I wish you good luck.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I'm sure you'll like it. We have 3 XD's and my girlfriend CCW the XD-9 sc. I can shoot it alright but don't care for the smallish grip. I carry a CZ .40 S&W sub-compact. I installed a Lazermax guiderod laser on hers. I have the standard 4" XD-40 which I like. GI2

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just one of these myself. Mine was used in a pawn shop and I think I got an alright deal. Have yet to get out and shoot it yet due to negative temps in my neck of the woods. I like the feel and ended up getting some more of the standard 16 round magazines on this forum just have to get the grip extensions now. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure you'll like it. We have 3 XD's and my girlfriend CCW the XD-9 sc. I can shoot it alright but don't care for the smallish grip. I carry a CZ .40 S&W sub-compact. I installed a Lazermax guiderod laser on hers. I have the standard 4" XD-40 which I like. GI2
Yeah looking around online, I kind wish I went with the XDsc .40 but that really isnt a big deal. I still really happy with it. I am with you on the grip but isnt to bad for me cause my pinky is the only thing that is really hanging. if I really grip it up I could have it completely on the grip but I rather not do that. The grip extension really did help.

Just one of these myself. Mine was used in a pawn shop and I think I got an alright deal. Have yet to get out and shoot it yet due to negative temps in my neck of the woods. I like the feel and ended up getting some more of the standard 16 round magazines on this forum just have to get the grip extensions now. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine
I havent gotten out to shoot it yet myself. My reasoning is money. Range fees and ammo arent in the budget this pay period. I am pretty excited to go out and shoot it though.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Check out the Crimson Trace Laserguard. Guaranteed within 1" on installation. Got it and an XD9 sub compact for my sister this Christmas. Love them.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice setup

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just noticed the Avatar , worked on a few of those in the early 80's USAF1
I wish I could make that claim myself. The close I have gotten to work with F-15s is ordering parts for them. Thank you for your service!

I carry a SA XDM 3.8 sub-compact in 9mm and i love it, i carry in a iwb Theis holster, tommy build's a badass holster that wears awesome.

www.theisholsters.com
I am really liking the look of those holsters. I may have to pick one up myself. They arent badly priced either.

Check out the Crimson Trace Laserguard. Guaranteed within 1" on installation. Got it and an XD9 sub compact for my sister this Christmas. Love them.
This may be an accessory I am interested in later down the road. But for now... I am going to work on pay off the card I put this on lol.

Nice setup
Thanks. I am hopping I will be just as happy with how it preforms as I am with how it feels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I've had a XD9SC for 2 years now and like it more every time I shoot it. I never leave home without it. With my reloads I can shoot 5 round groups all touching at 25 yards from a rest, not bad for such a short barrel. I found a good deal on a XD40SC at a gun show 2 weeks ago and was tempted but, I saved my cash because I'm seriously considering another M1 or M1A in the near future.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Very nice pistol brother....

I'm saving up for 1 of the new XDM 9s' with the 5.25in barrel - 19rd mags + 1 in the pipe!! - Springfield has the best plastic pistol on the market IMO

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking at the XDMs as well but the price got me... though from what I hear... you get what you pay for with them. I was going to wait for the XDs .45 ACP concealed that they are going to come out with in march but I have a feeling price will probably be a bit high on that and their expectations are accurate, it will be pretty hard to pick one up for lack of stock for the demand.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just purchased a XD sc 40 last weekend. I was able to shoot both the 9mm and .40.
The 9mm was very accurate, I had a larger group with the 40 but that was me not the gun. I was really impressed with the XD line.

Take a look at Dale's site. I bought a Gideon Elite for my 1911, best holster I ever put that pistol into.
http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products.htm
I heard that kydex holsters can cause the blueing of your gun to come off after long use. Is that true? If so, does his holsters have this problem?

·
Registered
939 Posts
I use kydex exclusively. Kydex > leather, apples to apples.

Considering that you're going to be carrying an XD, I wouldn't worry about it.

Now, if I was crazy enough to use a 4" Colt Python as a carry gun (with that beautiful Royal Blue finish), I might worry about it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.