M14 Forum banner

Wyoming or Montana

4232 Views 24 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  NWDave
Which state do I purchase some land to hunt and fish? Im 38yo and live in Tennessee. I recently paid off my house and all I owe for currently is my new car. I plan on working for 17 more years to retire at 55yo. I make a dang good living here in TN working as a nuclear plant operator and have no kids. The wife and I have been looking at property out west as a getaway/retirement to trout or cutthroat fish and mule deer hunt. Wyoming seems to be a bit cheaper but which state has the best game? Looking more toward to western parts of each state. I dont care if I have to build an off the grid cabin but electricity on site is a definite plus.
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,172 Posts
Ramnac

There is a heavy Blue liberal area in the NW corner? I am guessing this
is the Blackfeet Indian Reservation??

The point on the large metro area's is dead on.

Remember when people were scared that the Russians had ICBMs aimed at all our major cities.....hmmm

Attachments

· Registered
2,819 Posts
Both states are good in my book. I'm from the billings area in Montana. I moved back to Denver a couple years ago and miss Montana so bad. I'm a hardcore fly fishermen but i don't get to do much of it around Denver. My family has a vacation cabin off rock creek in between billings and red lodge. That's where i discovered my love for fly fishing. I can easily spend 9 hours throwing flies. You can buy a piece of undeveloped land off of rock creek for around 20k. I've looked into it but don't have the money. I would highly recommend buying a drift boat cause on bigger rivers like the big horn or upper Yellowstone you need one to maximize your fishing. I have floated and fished those rivers extensively and really miss it, just thinking about makes me really sad. There's nothing that even compares to it around here

· Registered
398 Posts
I was stationed in Colorado Springs (USSPACECOM) back in the '80's and spent many a weekend fishing the golden rivers and creeks (catch and release only) and gotta say, what a pleasure. I feel your pain.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.