M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased these on another forum some 5 years ago. They simply don’t get to the range so time to move them along. Here’s an opportunity to own a pair of vintage military rifles in our favorite caliber.

First is an M43 Spanish Mauser. SN’s are non-matching. At the time of the purchase, the seller identified this rifle as an arsenal re-barrel (7.62x51/.308) manufactured for the American market. Condition of the barrel appears to be near new inside and out with strong lands and grooves. The Mauser action locks up tight. Stock fitment is good with no significant dents or dings in the wood. There is a cartouche on the right side of the buttstock that I’m not familiar with. Perhaps someone here can identify the marking. Stock could use a good coat of BLO.

Second rifle is a MAS 1936 marked as a CAI import and re-barreled to 7.51x51/.308. SN's are non-matching. Yes, I know CAI had issues with .308 conversions on MAS rifles but those seemed to be exclusive to the semi-auto 49/56; never read any issues with the 1936’s in this caliber. Action is tight as are the stock and HG’s. Spike bayonet is present. Rifle has the original rubber butt pad and leather sling. Metal parts show finish wear as would be expected of a used rifle of this age. None CL barrel showing strong lands and grooves. Stock shows no significant dents or dings.

These will be cross posted so time stamp rules. Post an I’ll take them followed by a PM. Payment accepted in certified bank check, USPS PMO. I accept PayPal for goods and services so add 4% to the purchase price.

Prices for the pair is NOW $850 shipped. If you’d like them insured, that’ll be on your dime. If you’d like more detailed pics, send me a PM with your email address. I’d like these to go as a pair so not willing to break them up currently but that’s subject change.

Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the interest but posting is brand new today. I’m content to see if interest arises for selling as a pair before splitting them up.

Regardless, no on headspace check. I’ve shot the rifle on a number of occasions using milsurp 147 grain ammo with no issues.

Thanks for looking.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So now have separate interest in both rifles. I’ll get a PM out to both parties tonight.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts