M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Armscorp M-14 seems to eject spent cases at random. Sometimes high and then sometimes with only enough force to clear the top of the receiver.

I'm shooting the Aussie ammo and it seems to be very consistant so I dont think it related to ammo.

My ejector pin seems worm as well. Could this be my problem?

How hard is this to change and will I need the bolt dis-assembly tool?

Thanks,

Flyer...

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,750 Posts
If your gas assembly is clean, then this link http://www.m-14forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4865 shold help with the bolt disassembly & assembly. There is a wealt of information on the knowledge base & Intel section. Your Aussie ammo should throw the brass about 4 or 5 feet about the 2 o clock position. The ejector is 3 sided, so it looks kind of chewed up even when new. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey Flyer,
Welcome Aboard! I use my GI combo tool to disassemble my bolt. It just takes a little practice. Sounds to me like your ejector spring could be worn. All you need to do is remove your extractor while holding down on the ejector with your thumb or it will go sailing through the air 8O I've had that happen a few times :oops: Hope this helps. Good shooting to you!

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,621 Posts
Not so fast!

It seems like no two rifles eject the same. There are other factors that effect the direction a rifle throughs the brass. One of the biggies is the velocity of the bolt. A slow velocity causes the brass to be sent in a 4 o'clock direction or even back further. The cam hump on the operating rod is designed to knock the brass forward as the op rod returns. If it is late, the brass will not be knocked forward. Match armorers routinely enlarge gas ports to increase bolt velocity in order to get the brass ejecting to the 2 o'clock direction. A shorter ejector spring can also contribute to a change. A shorter spring tends to flip the brass out a little slower which may also allow the op rod hump to knock the brass in the right direction without speeding up the bolt velocity.
The important thing is to have these mods done by an armorer who knows what he is doing and always work on the cheaper part first. Barrels cost several hundred dollars these days and the ejector spring is only about $4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.