M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a dark walnut front hand guard to replace same on my 1952 dated M1D. I do not intend to refinish, as I am not refinishing my rifle stock. Attached is a photo to help with color match.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
684 Posts
I have another 6 coming in. Will look thru them. Might take a day or so. I would glue that one from the back and clamp it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
This set were takeoffs off of a CMP rifle about 10 years ago. The rear handguard has a hairline crack and the front handguard doesn’t appear to have any cracks, but does show the wood grain well s it looks not to be ever sanded

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
61HMR14, I PMed you a couple of pictures of several front handguards that are good matches to your original, let me know if you're interested in any of them and I can send you some more pictures if you want.

Mac

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
61HMR14, I PMed you a couple of pictures of several front handguards that are good matches to your original, let me know if you're interested in any of them and I can send you some more pictures if you want.

Mac
Sorry, I don’t see them.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Jay

Sorry, I don’t see them.
Here's a few to consider, these are all USGI, #1 and 2 are the closest matches to your existing HG that I have, #2 is less the metal if you want to use your existing metal; no cracks or repairs in any of them, #2 appears to have a crack on the lower back side in the second picture below but it's just the grain of the wood. I believe only #5 has been refinished.

Let me know if you're interested.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts