M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an authentic ITAL barrel or one of the Citadel barrels that SARCO has peddled in the last couple years. Looking to spend $200 or less but everything is negotiable. Note that I'm not interested in a barrel for the "E" model BM-59.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I might be off now, but I don't believe any of the original military barrels can be imported in. Standard parts would be my first choice too, but I don't see any on their site now. You can hunt around but I think your going to have to get very lucky to find an original ITAL barrel especially in good shape. I'd take a well made replacement barrel anytime.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be off now, but I don't believe any of the original military barrels can be imported in. Standard parts would be my first choice too, but I don't see any on their site now. You can hunt around but I think your going to have to get very lucky to find an original ITAL barrel especially in good shape. I'd take a well made replacement barrel anytime.
original barrels are out there but you are correct in that they are very rare. SARCO hasn’t stocked any Citadel barrels in quite some time and they are the only source for aftermarket barrels that I’m aware of. Shuff’s Parkerizing will turn down a Garand barrel for $400 plus another $200 for the cost of the barrel but that’s too rich for me. I’m content to sit on my parts kit and receiver for the time being.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
original barrels are out there but you are correct in that they are very rare. SARCO hasn’t stocked any Citadel barrels in quite some time and they are the only source for aftermarket barrels that I’m aware of. Shuff’s Parkerizing will turn down a Garand barrel for $400 plus another $200 for the cost of the barrel but that’s too rich for me. I’m content to sit on my parts kit and receiver for the time being.
Well you're on top of what your up against, and I know how much fun the MK ITAL's are. Good hunting!

Reactions: Prepper_Pig
1 - 8 of 8 Posts