M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had my support hand wrist surgery to correct an on the job injury from 2011. i had to have several stainless steel pins inserted in the small bones of that wrist which will give me limited mobility, maybe even pain under certain motions, i am conncerned about how this will br resovrd.

i do have a new 11-87P and may have to go to that, shooting an 870 now

hope this is making sense, a bit doped up.

Reactions: racer

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
i broke my wrist a couple years back, 09 or 2010 neighborhood, i caught the heavy bag funny with no wraps or gloves on, the Dr. said he wanted to screw it together and i asked if he thought if i was made of wood? and left without anything done. i a genius i know. while mobility is gone i can still shoot any type of weapon equally with no ill effects. i broke my right, but i think you'll recover fully aside from some stiffness. go easy on those b*tch mints (painkillers) though, i know of them messing up people lives, i take now and then but i am very cautious about it.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, for sure. seen that with some of my customers.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
take your time, do your therapy, and then see how it goes. dont take advice from non doctors! LOL sometimes things dont heal, and you dont know until you get there. ive always been hard headed, and was never bothered by recoil or anything else. used to one hand hot loaded 454's, never met a rifle who's recoil bothered me. well, years and years of physical work, and rheumatoid arthritis finally did me in by eating away 99% of the cartilidge in both of my wrists. i eat pain that will make most men cry, but at a certain point you realize your screwed and need to make changes. for me, no more big handguns, had to give up my beutiful O/U trapgun because opening and closing it is like having a knife shoved through my wrists. being a tough guy and permanently messing yourself up isnt worth it, dont take advice from those who dont know!!! take care of oyurself.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think that everybody's different- recovery, pain tolerance etc.

I've had foot and knee surgery on both legs (different times) and had no real problems. Never be 100%, but pretty close for my age.

My fiancee had foot surgery and its been months of pain and discomfort.

I think "practicing" medicine is best exemplified when the surgeons start messing w/ the small bones and ligaments/ tendons of the feet and hands...God gave us a mobility that human technology just can't match 100%.

Listen to the Doc and if you dont like what he says, ask pointed questions and/or get a second opinion. Dont accept everything that the doc's say at face value.

A medical doctor is a highly trained and educated mechanic. He works on the human body like a automobile mechanic works on your car...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah. you know the old quip 'what do you call a medical student that graduates with 'a+' ....dr. and what do you call a student that graduates with a 'd+' .... dr.

the nerve block in my arm is wearing off and feeling (pain) is starting so the old comfort level is going down, so we'll see what we get!

in the mean time just keeping busy.

·
Registered
876 Posts
had my support hand wrist surgery to correct an on the job injury from 2011. i had to have several stainless steel pins inserted in the small bones of that wrist which will give me limited mobility, maybe even pain under certain motions, i am conncerned about how this will br resovrd.

i do have a new 11-87P and may have to go to that, shooting an 870 now

hope this is making sense, a bit doped up.
Best of luck to you....and a speedy and full recovery. Ultimately I do the best I can with what I have and am grateful that the body part works at all!

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
pics:

the tendon that 'may' have had a tear it is completely gone,

pins will come oyt in 10 weeks.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The pins may come out before 10 weeks if you don't take it easy and that is a fact. I know your gonna want to do stuff but try not to do much til the 10 weeks are up. Trust me on this. Don't enjoy the meds to much and try to eat healthy while your recovering. I take Alieve when i get up and use the pain killers sparingly. I wish you well on your recovery brother.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks guys. yeah its already hard to tone it down, but I know that I have to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts