M14 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a local guy selling some ammo that I can only find limited info on online.

Most is WRA 66' 7.62 NATO, some 68' some 69' he's asking 60 cents a round... comes in a 5rd stirpper clip, two clips to a cardboard case.

He also has IVI for 50 cents a round.

Is this a good price for this ammo?

Thanks in advance.

Pic of ammo below:

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,020 Posts
Wow 1985 4runner, all great firing Lake City military surplus ammunition and the Canadian also. Both are boxer primed. Real good catch on stripper clips to boot, I sure hope you brought it all home by now!DI5

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Steep but a year from now may be worth it for the brass. What's your bet about the U.S. having to go back to war? Re-electing BO?
Yes, and yes. Take your choice of where we'll be at war - Syria, Iran, North Korea, or Pakistan.

·
Registered
372 Posts
WRA '68 shot well in my M1A. A bit pricey at $0.60/per, but at least it's on stripper clips with cardboards. Ask him if he's got the cloth bandoleers for these and would throw them in. Good brass to reload. Best of luck.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Buy it All. .60 for the LC is a Tad Steep if you have to pay tax on top.
If it is Cash BUY IT ALL
Stripper clips .35 each card boards .03 each

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy it All. .60 for the LC is a Tad Steep if you have to pay tax on top.
If it is Cash BUY IT ALL
Stripper clips .35 each card boards .03 each
He has 1750 rounds total of WRA & IVI.

Cash sale, he said he'd do 50 cents a round if I get a minimum of 500 which I will since it's all I can afford.

So I should get the WRA over the IVI correct?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Greetings,

If it shoots anything like WRA '64, I'd personally buy everything he has to sell at that price. I have no explanation why, but the old WRA out shot FGMM in one of my 14s! If you're not going to follow through, please PM me with the sellers' info.

Regards, Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,835 Posts
Win will usually be more accurate than IVI...66 better than 68.
Winchester is not known for there accuracy, having said that what year is the IVI I have fired my fair share mostly IVI 68 its been very good for accuracy in both my M1a and 7.62 M1.

Also a plus is that the Canadian brass is better in my rifles, there has been less case streching.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.