M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Shooting Sight Trigger (http://shop.shootingsight.com/) and couldn't be happier. Fortunately I live less than an hour from them so I called and Art met me at his shop.

I walked out with a 2-1/2 pound 1st stage and 4-3/4 pound 2nd. Absolutely crisp with no drag or creep. It's really an astonishing improvement, especially considering it's a drop in.

After seeing how easily his trigger works, I'm confident that I could have done it myself...as he intends but since I live so close I took advantage of his kindness.

He has the triggers now and will be making a run of lightened hammers in the next few months. I'm definitely going to give one a try.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Lightened Hammers

When you install the lightened hammer with ShootingSight's adjustable trigger/sear, prepare to be pleasantly surprised. Especially if you shoot offhand. You'll touch off the round right about the time the wobble is centered on the target. It makes a difference in confidence and scores.

Also, he has hammer and trigger/sear pins at the very edge of maximum size spec. Why is that important? Ever have a pin start to walk out of the trigger housing? I have. Face it, the USGI parts we hunt for usually are used when found and sometimes more than we wish. Here's a way to make things go back to spec and properly function. I have these in my competition rifles.

The M14 rifle is an accurate, reliable beast; to maximize performance, these items will add to it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Art educated me on the correct lens to use when shooting pistol and rifle. It was truly eye opening....pun intended. I plan to see my eye doctor post haste...another intended pun.

The trigger is freaky good. I can't wait till he gets the hammers done.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Any idea if this trigger would be legal in the service rifle class? You can all kinds of trigger mods to an AR so I do not see why not but am no expert on the rules here.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Any idea if this trigger would be legal in the service rifle class? You can all kinds of trigger mods to an AR so I do not see why not but am no expert on the rules here.

They are legal. It is considered an internal modification.

I did the Beta test in my rifle about 2 1/2 years ago and it is still running. I am running Shooting Sight LLC lightened hammers and triggers on all my match prepped 30 caliber Mguns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.