M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just this week ammo prices jumped up to 25% higher in price. Federal bulk 223 near 30%. Every box went up at about $3 yesterday.

Looks like ATK the most price increase with Rem slightly less but new email alert says expect more price increases July.

I will email back and see if I get can details but they all said last time I asked cost of doing business is soaring and raw material is up and going up is why.

I have been shooting RemUMC 150gr that was $12 for 20 rounds on Wednesday, Thursday that same box cost $15.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm glad I stocked up when I did. I still bought some of my Hirtenberger at the top of the market, but when averaged out, I did OK. I now probably have enough 7.62 to last me the rest of my life. Most other calibers, too.

I'm a little low on 9mm, but I can rectify that easily enough.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Good chance to make a bit'o'profit!

I'm glad I stocked up when I did. I still bought some of my Hirtenberger at the top of the market, but when averaged out, I did OK. I now probably have enough 7.62 to last me the rest of my life. Most other calibers, too.

I'm a little low on 9mm, but I can rectify that easily enough.
Say there ol' friend ol' bud... I'd be happy to spot you a good ol' American profit (let's say 15%?) for some of that 7.62... let's say I send you a few bucks for, oh, 2000 rounds of it?

I'm your friend, remember? We're all in this together, yada yada yada....

·
Registered
714 Posts
If nobody buys it...prices will come down.
It's all a bad attempt at manipulation.
Is there a "shortage"?
Is somebody trying to make one?
Loser speculators taking cues from the Gas Biz and trying to force a buying panic at raised prices?

There may be legitimate component hikes passed a along to buyers.

But I am always suspicious of price hike "panics" spread by internet "disinformation".

Not saying prices aren't going up...just very suspicious of the reasons why...and if it's just greed and corporate bean counters tying to juice some extra profits to pad their executive salaries.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Im glad I reload!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the price increases only in the bulk ball ammunition?

I've seen a price drop in the 175 gr. Black Hills and Federal BTHP target ammo from last year prices.
I do not deal in BH.

It was across the board bulk, single and hunting ammo. Fed GMM 175gr and 168gr are now both $39, up from $35 per box for the 175gr for months, the deal on 168gr from Fed is over so any new 168 ammo bought from Fed is the their new price. Of course 168 that is sitting on shelves that was purchased at the old Fed deal price could/should still be around $18.

Olin Win white box 7.62 that was $12 for 20, cannot buy it for that and with cost plus markup is now $19...$7 increase for a box of 20.

AE 150 and AE M1A 168 went up $2 too.

Reloaders, we are not spared...not sure when but the alert is out....increase of substantial amount is also on the way. April/May was a small increase of about $1 per pound shop cost from all Horn branded powder, many prob did not pass along the increase yet, bullets too but the alert is expect the increase soon.

Their main excuse/reason/why is cost of doing bizz, no shortage, no military contract just the cost of doing bizz is up and going up and when it cost them more to keep the lights on, employees employed and product out the door, has to be passed along.

We all know about oil prices...effects everything under the sun.

Our food bill is up too. Wife and I are spending/budgeting $100 more in May and now June.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There is no shortage!!!!!It's economics, my friends when dollars weak everything goes up.for example milk for a gallon has increased 250 percent ,gas has increase 150 percent,food items if your lucky stayed the same but quantity (size) went down, and the best is the price of your house went down at least 35 percent.That's because we the pepole have elected into office these pepole who said we need to spend billlions of dollars for stimulating the economy!Theres only I think 3 percent of things made in usa.Really it's all bull, the only advice I have for you is to stockpile ammo when it's cheap.

·
Honorable Discharge
638 Posts
Just this week ammo prices jumped up to 25% higher in price. Federal bulk 223 near 30%. Every box went up at about $3 yesterday.

Looks like ATK the most price increase with Rem slightly less but new email alert says expect more price increases July.

I will email back and see if I get can details but they all said last time I asked cost of doing business is soaring and raw material is up and going up is why.

I have been shooting RemUMC 150gr that was $12 for 20 rounds on Wednesday, Thursday that same box cost $15.
Where exactly did you buy your ammo from?

The places I shop have seen -0- increase this year so far.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Where exactly did you buy your ammo from?

The places I shop have seen -0- increase this year so far.
Here in Central Wyoming, there was a big price jump about 30-45 days ago...
It was readily seen on many items...

My personal take is that the jump slowed Ammo sales...so now there is lots of 5%-10% Off Sales(Father's Day!)on Ammo...

But Even Walmart prices jumped on the Remington Yellow Valu-Pack Boxes...considerably...

The One That Has Not YET Gone Up is the Federal White Box Ammo...Their 100 Round Value Pack, while in 'sporadic' supply, is still the best (Local) Deal Going! I admit to buying a 'couple'...

You Can Hate Wally-World If You Want To...

I'm Just Saying...

GI2

CAVman......In NON-Drought WYoming

·
Registered
823 Posts
Just bought some WW 45ACP bulk packs for the same price I did over a year ago. CCI primers for $28 per K. Components that involve copper or lead have gone up. The rest have stayed the same around here.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
It's very true the raw components are going up in cost (copper, lead, brass, etc) and transportation costs more due to higher fuel costs. If you think about a finished product, sitting on the shelf at WalMart, think about how many times that product and the 'ingredients' of that product have been transported... from it's raw form, as a refined product, as a finished product to a storage warehouse, and, finally, to the retail center. All that factors into the cost of anything.

Since I like to stir stuff up, if you think they are trying to generate another 'ammo scare' like they did in 2008-2009, wait until next election year! The reality of a 2nd Obama term would be enough to scare anyone...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.