M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Please refrain from using the Firing Line as a substitute for each individuals responsibility. Any threads asking for a value will be deleted with this Sticky.

Also if you should decide to answer one of those questions, please refrain from giving a value. Without seeing the item, you can be doing an injustice to either the buyer or seller by stating a value.

You can research the Sold Classified Listings (SPF) section below here which has over 1,600 listings, or other auction sites across the internet to come up with a general price for an item(s).

·
Premium Member
Honorary Forum Lifer
16,429 Posts
Unfortunately that question is too vague, condition of parts varies.
You can get a USGI stock from between $50-$450, a trigger group between $200-$350, an op rod between $100-$350+. I'd check the PX here, Gunbroker, and look around a couple local gun shows and you'll get the best idea of what parts will cost for the condition you want.
m14brian

·
Registered
553 Posts
To add to m14brians reply, also check Numerich Arms just to get an ìdea on part prices
And availability. Gun shows anymore are kinda hit and miss about all I ever see here in
Central TEXAS are magazines and a few NIB rifles. Hope this helps you!

·
Registered
10,910 Posts
If you are talking about one of those packages on Ebay, I would not buy any used M14 parts unless there are clear, close-up pictures of the items. The pics on those auctions are horrible, and the lack of parkerizing on the bolt makes it a little suspect.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
If you are talking about one of those packages on Ebay, I would not buy any used M14 parts unless there are clear, close-up pictures of the items. The pics on those auctions are horrible, and the lack of parkerizing on the bolt makes it a little suspect.
Plus one on this. This is an absolute crap shoot. I have bought a lot of stuff on eBay and been schooled by it. The seller posted a ton of pictures but none of them really show much. The bolt could be welded up on the face. The trigger group could be Chinese or worse. There is a part in there that doesn't go with a 14. The rest of the parts in good condition aren't worth much over $100. The flip side of this is. Bolt could be great and same with trigger group. Bidding is already out of interest range for me. I will watch it just for kicks to see what it brings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies I will hold off.My rifle is in great shape but was going to send to Warbird for Bolt Conversion didn't know if I needed to find bolt or not. Thought might as well buy his parts that way It will get done right with the right parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.