M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I know I have not been contributing much lately, but let me explain why... and it is M14 related, so I guess this section should be okay...

This past bedding project taught me more than just bedding a rifle... it taught me (the hard way) that an organized work area is priority one in helping to do a good job. I found that I needed to organize my tools and workspace to accomodate different jobs and projects that I was doing... so this is what has kept me busy for the last few days...

I added some really strong shelves and a new Big Red tool box to my work area and rearranged everything to be more accessible... this tool box is dedicated to tools and equipment that I need to upkeep my firearms...

I have found this movable desk to be perfect for work that may require you to move around the rifle or spin the desk to meet your needs. So far this computer desk is perfect for what I have been doing.

Now to make more projects for myself and to keep busy!!! Yeah! :lol:

And, I hope to be posting more and with some pics to make them more interesting... Have fun with your work area... :lol:

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Another excellent piece of superb posting on a subject that generally has not been given any credit in our work today.

Sure do like that Tipton Gun Vice ... :)

I gotta get me one of dem ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Aloha Six:

Thanks! Almost everywhere sells these Tipton Gun Vise setups... I bought mine from Midway, but Cabela's has it and lots of other places...

The Tipton Vise is super strong and well made, every part was molded perfectly! I would rate that as a very high on the list object in a work shop area.

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
:( All that space & all those tools & not one M-14 to be seen.

14/35

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Nice set Up Dig. Like that idea of a spinnable vice. Mine sits on a bench and can be pain when trieng to get to the other side of the rifle. I was thinking about putting a lazy susan under mine. I could aleast spin about 3/4 each way and all the way for a short rifle due to the wall behind the bench.
Say do you ever hunt over there. My brother goes every year to Kona to shoot those wild black rams. I forget what they are called.

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
Nice Tom!

Your garage sure looks a lot cleaner and more organized than mine! :lol:

I can't even "SEE" my garage it's so full of boxes from floor to ceiling...litterally :cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts