M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PTR91A3R has arrived at my FFL, this is the model that is an identical twin to the HK91 series as imported in the 1980's with the black furniture, the wide handguard and standard G.I. profile barrel w removeable flashider if I want to put a "Can " on it!!

The only diffrences from the original HK91 externally is a picatinny rail on top and the Navy trigger assembly.

It will go great with my .308 garand and M1A!!!

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Remember we require photo's round here!!!!!!GI2

Reactions: Capt Mullet

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been looking hard at the same....so please do a range report when time permits.

Having been weighing getting the PTR A3R (and doing up grades) vs saving more cash to find a German pre ban HK91.

The difference in price buys a lot of ammo.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
I can't say how disappointing this thread was earlier.

That gun is the only model that reminds me of a G3A3

This is it right?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Dresden that's what it looks like. I am out on the road until Friday so I can't get in to pick it up yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
party pooper I guess....

I do believe the PTR-91is a fine rifle. But it reminds me of a classic quote from the movie Risky Business. I am sure you've already figured it out by the time you finish this sentence. If not though, Joel was making a comment on the Porsche 928 he was driving. Another German creation. So, I would like to switch a word from his statement, and make it my own....
"Heckler & Koch, there is no substitute!". Sorry, someone had to say it......

·
Registered
7 Posts
suppose I'm a party pooper.....

The PTR-91 is a fine rifle. I owned one some years back. But if I may, I would like to reference a quote from a classic early 80's movie. Entrepreneur Joel Goods on giving praise to a German automobile. That auto maker is Porsche. So, I would like to use that quote here, but change the line for this post. "Heckler & Koch 91, there is no substitute!"
Sorry, but someone had to say it.....

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A PTR-91 is not really a substitute, it is a HK 91 made on HK machinery bought from an HK manufacturer instead of by HK. Of course the current manufacturer cannot call it that because of BATF regulations and the Import ban. Sorry if you paid way too much just to have HK on the receiver.

I'm just glad the fine design is back in production on machinery that within specification instead of the different abortions that that others had offered over the years that ..............well...............to put it biblically..............Suckethed!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The PTR-91 is a fine rifle. I owned one some years back. But if I may, I would like to reference a quote from a classic early 80's movie. Entrepreneur Joel Goods on giving praise to a German automobile. That auto maker is Porsche. So, I would like to use that quote here, but change the line for this post. "Heckler & Koch 91, there is no substitute!"
Sorry, but someone had to say it.....
Actually, Lakeshoreshooter, your quote should read "CETME: HK is just a substitute!" If you want to get technical your HK is not original either, being a licensed copy of a Spanish produced rifle. How's the poop smell now?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts