M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder Why ? No one builds a M3 Grease Gun today. (In semi auto)

They say they were cheap to build , but dependable weapons.

Looks like some gun maker would give it a try.

I know I would buy one if priced reasonable.

Boomer

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Interesting idea. Never crossed my mind before.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Well....It would have to be a complete redesign as the originals are open bolt. MAC was successful as was UZI in reconfiguring their open bolt weps, I don't know about the Greaser. You're right, they are cool. There is a semi Sten out now so what the hey.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
The '86 ban takes out 95% of the reason for them. Cheap and full auto was THE reason they existed. Attractive? No. More accurate than other semi auto .45 carbines? No. Designed with 16" barrel or look even close to appropriate with one? No. We've really lost a lot because of that stupid 922(o) law for no gain at all.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Back in the 90s there were 2 semi variants made - by 2 different mfgrs. One was a pistol with the stock weldded closed and the other was a carbine/16" bbl and workable stock. Neither one was around for more than 5 yrs, I can only guess why. The parent gun was a P.O.S.! I owned one till someone offered me about $100 more than I thought it was worth - BY, BY!
Sarge
USN2 GBERET2 CIB3 JMPWNG2

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
7,060 Posts
I would like to have one of those De Lisle carbine though, suppressed or not I dont care.

Casey

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I can't give you an answer that'll satisfy you. There are stamped .45's and 9's, even .380's, in the marketplace that look like the Ingram or the SWD. Some of the .45's USED to accept grease gun magazines without a hiccup. Later production = use the mfr's magazine or modify (with a file or Dremel) a grease gun magazine to fit. All I've been able to GUESS (speculate) is that magazine capacity became an issue for the mfr in its relations with govt authority and it wasn't considered cost-effective to make the firearm one way for, say, CA, and another way for, say, AZ.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts