M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few teaser pics of the Wolfe Modified Standard Weight screwed to a LRB. Initial 100yd break-in shooting with irons is at 1.8". This is with LRB "old" GI parts kit in a Winchester Big Red. Great balance too. Just wait until after the accuracy enhancements and a scope. Full set of rifle pics and range time to come. What a genius design.

Cheers to Jon!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I very much like the barrel I got form him that's actually made it through a complete build.

Being kind of an m14 knucklehead, I don't know how well the barrel shoots compared to my others, but it is by far the easiest to shoot accurately, not like my bolt guns, but close enough.

I'm looking forward to getting the second online.

This is as far as I've gotten...

A few of the empty spaces are landing soon.

Guess what mount the scope is going to be riding!

As far as Skipper's 'Lil Buddy... I'm kind of on the fence. Don't know if I want another 'Brookfield Type' to be more 'Navy Man' about it, or if a CASM-EX might be a good clearance/stability combination, or if I just go with what seems to work a RNY DSM...

Of course, I don't want your opinion, you're biased ...DI5

·
Premium Member
8,230 Posts
I have bought me two Kreiger Heavies that I have not even seen or shot yet.
Next one will be a Jon Wolfe 5r/20 Med for sure!

Reactions: Redneck Yankee

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Good to know with the 5R report TonyB posted. After talking to JD and JohnC just ordered a 5R wmsw also going on a LRBSA using a nice trw kit Forceman just helped me complete to the last part after near 5 years running down the best parts I could find. Realistic expectations, but if this one even approaches Morgan's Shingle capable, and in spite of me, I'll be real happy.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I hope Jon doesn't blush too easily.

I was showing my wife my current progress assembling Pretty Hate Machine.

It's based on a Wolfe Medium weight fluted 18.5" barrel.

Aside from the combination of a Fulton receiver/bolt with the Wolfe barrel being an easy combination to put together (headspaced the chrome-lined barrel easily with only moderate (but thorough contact) bolt lapping, the fit between receiver and barrel is uber square, the USGI gas cylinder went on snug but not obstinate, gas lock timed so that just a smidgeon of wet sanding on the lock got it finger tight without shimming, SEI adapter went on without a mallet, but not sloppy, spot for the operating rod guide was pre-knurled, but I did just a little more for 'frictional reassurance', who knows, but so far it's been extremely hassle-free....

Anyway, so I'm holding the half-complete darling in front of my wife, and she says, "Ooooooh..... I like this... runs her fingers across the flutes, THIS is SEXY!"

There you go, stamp of approval. More winning.

:ARM37:

Looking forward to getting her far enough to push some rounds through her. I know, enjoy the process, but the best part of the process is the END PROCESS! PEW PEW!

·
Premium Member
18,099 Posts
I was showing my wife my current progress assembling Pretty Hate Machine.

It's based on a Wolfe Medium weight fluted 18.5" barrel.

Nice barrel. I was out for a time yesterday shooting one of my builds using the same barrel. No problem headspacing on a Bula Defense Systems XM21 either. Also have a couple of builds with WMWM 22" on LRB M14SA receivers. Love the way Jon stamps the owners initials on the chamber top of special order barrels. He's da man.

[URL=http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_0778_zpsw9t2iup0.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_3029_zpsgn3n9vo1.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_3031_zpsb8fs4teo.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_3028_zpsyxj2qiam.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=https://s1180.photobucket.com/user/nf1e/media/IMG_3034_zpsdnke8pll.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have 18.5" Med. Fluted he put on my GWLA Receiver, with a TRW Bolt & she only has GI Sights but shoots very well. I have tested with 155 SMK's & have some loads for testing with 168 gr. Hornady match Bullets, hopefully this week .

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I have 18.5" Med. Fluted he put on my GWLA Receiver, with a TRW Bolt & she only has GI Sights but shoots very well. I have tested with 155 SMK's & have some loads for testing with 168 gr. Hornady match Bullets, hopefully this week .
Let us know!

I'm just around the corner with same barrel on a Fulton Receiver...

Maybe someday I will graduate to reloading... Some day...

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I need a cheek Riser , I was using my hand on top of the Stock to sight the Scope in . I thought with as low as the ARMS 18 is with Low Rings , I still need about 3/8' to a 1/2" Riser . I might have to get creative or break down & purchase an adjustable .

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I need a cheek Riser , I was using my hand on top of the Stock to sight the Scope in . I thought with as low as the ARMS 18 is with Low Rings , I still need about 3/8' to a 1/2" Riser . I might have to get creative or break down & purchase an adjustable .
Few years back I zip tied a 1/2'' piece off rubber to a stock. Could very well be a quick and temporary solution.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Too nice of Walnut stock to adhere anything to , tape or glue , it will have to be strap on , what ever I come up with . I may just purchase a cheap strap on one for now & make something nice after the Holidays .

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts