M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of running this ammo through an M14 type weapon? I have found some for $12/box which seems like a good price. Any thoughts would be appreciated. MCORPS1

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of running this ammo through an M14 type weapon? I have found some for $12/box which seems like a good price. Any thoughts would be appreciated. MCORPS1
The SEARCH Engine Here Is Your Friend!!!
GITEN
Seriously...
This Has Been Discussed Here Multiple, Multiple Times...
IMHO...95% Of Guys Say NO! 5% Maybe To Yes!
Spend a Couple Of HOURS Reading Past Threads on WOLF, and decide for Yourself...
It's Really Better Than Just Hearing From the Very Few Guys Here on The Forum Who Are NOT Tired of Responding To The Same Question...
GI6
Don't Get Me Wrong! It's A Good Question! It's Just That It Has Been Flogged to Morbidity!!!
GITEN

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Stiff price on the stuff you don't want. Take some time to go through "The Ammo Bunker." Right now you can buy very good DAG NATO surp for less than Wolf AND have it delivered.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
i would say No.........not because it is Wolf, but because it is too expensive. you can get surplus for cheaper AND its better ammo. i own Wolf ammo and i have shot Wolf ammo out of my M14. never had a problem w/ the exception of a bad primer here and there and it dirties you gun like a MF.

the only time i buy steel case .308 is when it is around .25-.30 cents a round.

my personal opinion is that there is a lot of negative hype about Wolf. i dont think there is anything wrong with it. it is actually pretty accurate ammo IMO...........its just that there are better options out there for the same price.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Wolf ammo

I have no experience with Wolf ammo as I never intend to use it in my M1A, Savage 10 Precision carbine or any rifle.

I do know someone that used it and had a case head separation while firing. It blew the mag out of the bottom of his M1A and messed things up quite a bit. What was left of the case was split and lodged in the chamber.

Luckily, he was not injured. He showed me the pieces of the magazine and what was left of the cartridge.

You couldn't pay me enough money to use that stuff.

+1 on the DAG milsurp. Reasonably accurate, clean, safe and affordable NATO ammo. I went through a couple thousand DAG before I started reloading. Never a failure.

Be safe whatever you do.

Ole Silver

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your thoughts here, I will pass on the Wolf. I am new to this forum and still learning my way around, thanks for drumming this up again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts