M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group,had these out the other day and took some photos.

Both Winchester's are take down model's (one 20" and 18 1/4" barrel's) and the 1911A1's are Argentine's
Enjoy!
BRUNO1911

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Hello group,had these out the other day and took some photos.

Both Winchester's are take down model's (one 20" and 18 1/4" barrel's) and the 1911A1's are Argentine's
Enjoy!
BRUNO1911
Outstanding!!

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I bought a M97 over 30 years ago in a pawn shop in Arlington, VA. Some jerk had cut the 30" full choke barrel off short and put a polychoke on it.

I hunted with it some (just no way a shotgun that heavy should kick that hard) but just a few times.

The best use I found for it was building survielance/search. It is also a take down model. I would break it down, tie a piece of parachute cord between the two pieces, hang it around my neck under my coat and enter the building. Once I got to my "staging" area for the night I'd pull it out, put it together and load it up. No one who saw me enter/leave the building had any idea I had a 12 ga. pump shotgun with me (except my partner).

The M97 also does the M12 Win., M37 Ithaca thing - hold the trigger down and pump it and it goes bang when the slid goes full forward.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Outstanding!

I've got a made-in-1903 1897 12ga takedown that I shoot Cowboy Action with. Cut the barrel down to 20" as well.

I've got a buddy who's got a made-in-1902 takedown that has a brass medallion in the stock with "Pinkerton Detective Agency" engraved in it. He shoots it in Cowboy Action as well.

·
"Death From Above"
11,745 Posts
Have to get one of those Winchester model 97's. I have three Ithica model 37 and love the action. I have a 1942-43-46. From what I understand the Ithica was basedon the 97. Really nice looking rifles you have there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts