M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope it is allowed to ask about specific dealers, if not please delete.

Anyway I have read nothing but positive about Windy City Sourcing here and other places. I was wondering how their prices compare. They seem to be one of the few places I can find that allow you to choose which USGI brand. I was looking at the trigger groups and retabbed op rods in particular.

Also are the parts refinished? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,442 Posts
In my opinion Mikes pricing is reasonable. He has told me a few times in the past that ALL his parts get a refinish before he sells them. If he has what you need,I highly recommend him. Real good guy to deal with.

·
Registered
459 Posts
+1

Great experience doing business with Mike.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
PS
Act quick treeline is out, so everyone is heading over to windy city! We can thank James River Armory for their excelent receivers, everyone is buying up the few complete parts kit left.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've never purchased from WCS, I have assembled a couple of their kits though. All the parts were good to go. The trigger group in one kit was a new and unused Winchester. The only problem I encountered was the clip slot on one kit had been removed from the original receiver without driving the pin out. I tried to remove the pin with no luck. WCS replaced it in a couple days.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I just received my parts kit from Mike at WC and it looks new. Even though its been refinished, I cant locate any wear areas on any of the parts. You would think the parts are NOS. Very nice guy to deal with also!

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've done business with Mike at least twice. He is a very straight forward guy and I had a pleasurable experience in dealing with him. A+

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I've done lots of business with mike. His customer service is above reproach and should you have a problem with one of his parts he'll make it right.

His prices are fair and the part will arrive looking like new.

I'd say do it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Mike is a personal friend of mine and i can tell you he will treat you right and sells only quality stuff. If there is a problem which is very rare he will bend over backwards and make it right.Mike is the M14 Go to Guy!!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just spent quite a bit of $$$ with him today. I have purchased quite a few parts from him. He is solid all around. Great guy. His parts are beautifully refinished with attention to detail. Buy with confidence!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Mike rocks. His prices are not "out of line" comparatively speaking. His quality is above average to excellent, finish is consistent.

He takes the time to talk WITH YOU - not DOWN AT YOU - and has walked me through a fitment issue with an OpRod - after hours, without so much as a moments impatience.

I've done 2 HR TG's and (re-tabbed) OpRods and both ran fine in the builds I've used them in.

I've heard (here) of him doing an immediate swap for parts that were questionable or not to the customers liking.

Ships immediately, packs items safely & securely.

Highly recommend doing business with him - as I will continue to in the future (until USGI parts run out at least)…

Rick

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought one of his mixed USGI kits on gunbroker and asked him if it was possible to have mostly H&R parts. Kit arrived with H&R everything, even the rear sight was H&R! The auction stated that the rear sight would be recent mil-spec production, so he went above and beyond for me. The kit was $699 on gunbroker, a darn good deal in my opinion. If you want one I would hurry, I think he is down to only 3 or 4 left on gunbroker.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What is his Gun Broker name. Like I said I already bought the trigger group but from all the positive responses I might go straight to him for the rest of my build.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts