M14 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Interesting…The uppers look like C7 Colt’s made for Canadian Army with A1 sights and an A2 profile 1/7 barrel. Ohh and the brass deflector too. I used to deal with the old Bushmaster all the time back in the 1990’s before it changed around 2012 to Windham after they sold out. These look typical old Bushmaster made from surplus Colt & FN parts.

The good Ol’ days….

View attachment 479492

Colt C7 upper, everything else is FN to include the lower & furniture. It also has a 1/12 FN pencil barrel that was NIW surplus as were the handguards when I got them 30 years ago from BM...
Uncanny... that looks darn near identical to both of mine.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yes, I really liked the old BM before they got sold out and it was the only alternative to Colt in the mid-1990’s, Colt Mfg. was under new management (Bankruptcy Again) at that time and wasn’t friendly to gun owners IMHO which is another story…

BM mostly delivered “Quality Parts” and I knew most of the sales rep by name, one day I asked for an A1 upper, and a couple days later I got a Colt C7. The “C” was scrubbed and the upper was reparked, guess BM didn’t want to be seen selling Colt parts? Anyway that’s on my A1 with brass deflector and a collection of FN parts from old BM...

White Sewing machine Line Trigger Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tire Rim Bicycle part

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Took out both rifles the other day. Put about 60 rounds down the tube of the newer one without a single hitch. Shoots quite well. On the older one, I had two failure-to-feeds. In each instance, it seems the round didn't feed properly into the chamber, with the BCG getting stuck half-way, getting caught up on the round (forward-assist wouldn't help). It quickly cleared, and the next round went in fine. This could very well be a mag issue, however I was using the same two mags with the newer rifle and no problems. And IIRC, this is not the first time it's happened. I was chalking it up to regular break-in.

Other than the mag, what could be causing this? Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it, but will the next time it happens.

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Haha... I just have to post this. This is being offered locally through Armslist. I like how it is described as a "M16A1" with "classing A2 styling." Essentially, the SAME rifle as in the OP, but with two differences: Flash hider is A1 and the pencil-barrel. Oh, it has "COLT" stamped on it. Can't forget that. However, mine was less than 1/3 what is being asked for here.

The Colt madness continues....

Water Font Screenshot Advertising News

Product Rectangle Font Circle Number

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Took out both rifles the other day. Put about 60 rounds down the tube of the newer one without a single hitch. Shoots quite well. On the older one, I had two failure-to-feeds. In each instance, it seems the round didn't feed properly into the chamber, with the BCG getting stuck half-way, getting caught up on the round (forward-assist wouldn't help). It quickly cleared, and the next round went in fine. This could very well be a mag issue, however I was using the same two mags with the newer rifle and no problems. And IIRC, this is not the first time it's happened. I was chalking it up to regular break-in.

Other than the mag, what could be causing this? Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of it, but will the next time it happens.

it could be the magazine catch or the magazine, that’s why the feed lips on A4 & M4 are lowered, some will feed and some don’t 100%. My 0.2 cents from experience.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts