Just wanted to verify, in the past I read that

7267064 (1st line)
6618 (2nd line)
* (3rd line)

are winchester markings

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Yes they are. First line is the part number, 66118 is Winchester's CAGE code, forgot what the last bit is, think just a star.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 3rd line is some kind of star. Mine is hard to make out the the top of, but it does look like a 5-point star.

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
mark

It is a cartouche on mine, the same as the one on the stocks, an eagle with a clutch in his talons, the olive wreath and arrows and the stars are above his head...the three stars were different on different makers, some were more convex or curved, and like HR some were less curved or less convex. Most op rods from back in the day will have this worn off and barely visible. Usually only the stars remain and the top of the eagles head sometimes. They were faintly stamped to begin with due to the location of the stamping and the slight curvature of the material being stamped. Notice i said slight, it is almost imperceptable with the eye, but curved nonetheless.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like your description ripsaw!

I knew it looked funky, and all I could think of was it looked kinda like a star

Thanks for the pic LbSigMan! I double check and try a pic too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well my pics SUCKED, but I looked over the symbol below the mubers and it looks like the eagle and stars. It's just hard to make out as it's not as cleanly stamped and parkerizing makes it less clear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts