M14 Forum banner

Winchester Model 70 USMC Unertl Sniper

4870 7
Thought I'd post up a couple of pics of this one as well. Rifle shoots like a dream...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Once again im jealous just so you know Trac2142. Thats a very nice collection of guns and orginal Unertl scope. Is that one marked USMC Sniper? So you shoot your collection much? Great rifles glad you shared.

Reactions: Trac2142

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Model 70 isn't a USMC scope, just an early Unertl with the right mounts/knobs/size. I got the one thats on the USMC '03 Sniper many years ago before they got as expensive as they are now (it still wasn't cheap even then!).

The Winchester 70 and M-21 I shoot when I have time. The Model 70 shoots like a dream and the action just can't be described. I haven't yet range tested the M-21 since upgrading the receiver/barrel assy. I'm hopeful it will at least be more consistent than it was before with a more stable platform/bedding along with a better fit between scope mount and receiver.

The WWII '03 USMC rifle I have not fired in several years after being advised by a couple of collectors, whose opinion I greatly respect, to not "risk the rifle, since if something happened to it, it cannot be replaced". I have to admit, if it got damaged due to something I did, I'd be traumatized after having lost a piece of Corps history.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am also a 2142. H&S Co BN Maint. 3rd AABN, 1st MarDiv, Camp Pendleton, CA 1985 to 1989. YATYAS

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Wow! That's a great looking rifle! I would love to add one of those to my collection one day.. Thanks for sharing that!

Reactions: Trac2142
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.