M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I dont see how america can be called "free" when we arent even free to own these types of rifles like other countries USN4

I would love to see some close ups!
not only that but we (more like my grandparents) paid alot of tax money for these to be perfected, fielded and eventually distroyed and or givin away to other even more restricted countrie's. my heart breaks every time i look at my smashed trw receiver half and think of how much money the gvt. couldve got had made had they just removed the lug. but no Im stuck paying 800 for just a receiver made in a similar fashion and 7$ bucks for a piece of destroyed american history that would have been far superior if it had the rest of it intact. Ill never get over it!

·
Registered
569 Posts
7$ bucks for a piece of destroyed american history that would have been far superior if it had the rest of it intact. Ill never get over it!
I cant fathem the reason for destroying a perfectly good rifle just makes me sick.

You have a beautiful piece of history there, i would kill to have some thing like that. Would like some more pics to look at.

Good Shooting.

·
Registered
744 Posts
We do have a lot of freedoms I can walk in to a shop buy a gun, rifle, or pistol and walk out with it. I'm sure that doesn't happen in many other countrys. And yes I would like to own that Winchester.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another great accolade that we can thank Lee Harvey Oswald. The department of the army had drawn-up plans for de-militarizing the M14 for sale to civilians. The assignation of the Kennedy’s and MLK put a screeching halt to that. DOD also destroyed a large quantity of WW2 military scopes as well. They destroyed the scope tubes and provided the states with the optical lenses for HS science classes. We can never appreciate the affect Oswald had on this country. In 1963, you could legally by hand grenades, HE artillery rounds and flame throwers. You could buy the surplus flame throwers for 99 bucks at surplus stores. I bought my first MKII Sten in the 10th grade for $15.00 out of Field and Stream magazine. I’ve seen M1 Thompsons for $49.00.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.