21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
OK...I'll be the one that asks.......
Where did the name come from?
There has to be a story.
Funny you should ask. I put some of these same photos up when I first put the rifle together and a gent on the forum, that seems to like to do wee wee in others threads, called it Frankenstein. Another forum member chimed in and said that no matter what the jerk called it, " put a feather in your cap and call it Macaroni" from Yankee Doodle and that it was a nice piece. So she became Macaroni in my heart and has remained that for a few years. Post #14 I reminded the individual that he has been requested to no longer post in any of my threads. Whatta Hobby!

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
As long as you show me the same courtesy, and don't respond in my threads we have an agreement.

REN

·
Registered
605 Posts
Nice rifle. I sure wish I could’ve purchased one of those heeled receivers. I really wish they’d do start doing them again.

·
Premium Member
7,462 Posts
Fair enough. "I'll agree as long as your information is correct and not misleading like so many others."
Same goes for you, as long as your information is correct and not misleading like this thread.

Ren

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Same goes for you, as long as your information is correct and not misleading like this thread.

Ren
Please, I have re-read this thread over and the only thing that could possibly be construed as misleading would be your posts. Take it to PM. No need for this crap to be continued in open forum.

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey, most of us grow up sometime. He seems to have skipped that part of life.

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
I own a few USGI builds on SAI receivers and my most accurate is my H and R. I own a Winchester and a TRW with a SAK barrel. Speaking of that, Art do you have any rifles with sak chrome lined barrels (Not NM) on them what is your opinion of them?

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I own a few USGI builds on SAI receivers and my most accurate is my H and R. I own a Winchester and a TRW with a SAK barrel. Speaking of that, Art do you have any rifles with sak chrome lined barrels (Not NM) on them what is your opinion of them?
No SAK barrels either chrome or not so I would have no opinion on them. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2017 was a good year for doing traditional build with usgi heeled receivers. This 5 is a pretty good representation. I worked on these in between working on my real passion, the precision M14s.

Impressive!

·
Registered
753 Posts
"Standing TALL & lookin' GOOD.....ought'a be in HOLLYWOOD!"

Honestly, though, a GORGEOUS weapon. My congratulations on a job well done, sir!

Reactions: nf1e

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's all good. Building and shooting accurate M14 reproductions has been a passion of mine for many years. Photo below shows of some of the variations I have kept for my collection. Second photo is of a recent 10 rnd group shot at 100 yds using a highly accurate Bula Defense Systems barrel.

Whatta Hobby!

115 Berger 1.jpg

·
Registered
309 Posts
Art, just curious I counted 49 in the big group photo, is that a correct?! Absolutely an amazing collection, and your passion shows. Simply Outstanding and thanks for sharing this with those of us that will never achieve this level of a collection.

·
Premium Member
16,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Art, just curious I counted 49 in the big group photo, is that a correct?! Absolutely an amazing collection, and your passion shows. Simply Outstanding and thanks for sharing this with those of us that will never achieve this level of a collection.
Sounds about right. I know there were two stripped receivers on the yellow chair. Have added a few since then and now waiting for a couple of LRBs from a group buy.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts