M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my Winchester tribute " Macaroni" and proud of her. Been a little over 5 years since I put her together using mostly Winchester close to new parts. Easily one of the most faithful reproductions of the rifle I carried in Vietnam you will find. Only about 500 rnds down range now but she is ready if needed. I think the USGI marked receiver adds a bit of authenticity to my reproduction attempt. Whatta Hobby!

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, and I agree the heel stamp on that WRA is nicer than many I have seen.
That was one of the first ones that Mark did. He had it set aside for himself because of the early clear stamp. I convinced him it needed to be in my collection while at Camp Perry. After this one I added 8 more usgi heeled receivers, 2 of each mfg to the herd. So I did 4 builds with complete kits of each mfg and 4 with mixed parts. Whatta Hobby!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Switching stocks on us are you, Art?? Maybe the same rifle (can't tell eyes aren't that good anymore) but the stocks aren't same. One looks walnut and other looks something else. Both look great.

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Switching stocks on us are you, Art?? Maybe the same rifle (can't tell eyes aren't that good anymore) but the stocks aren't same. One looks walnut and other looks something else. Both look great.
Nope, the first photo is Macaroni in walnut. Birch one is another Winchester made with a completely separate as new Winny kit showing some era gear for fun. I have two other Winchesters that are put together with mixed parts.

Few more photos of Macaroni. Originally had a switch which I changed to a button to better reflect the one I was issued and then back to the switch. Could never decide which I liked better.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Nice Art. An all Win rifle is a nice thing to have. Mine is all major Win but for the receiver of course, and its one of my best shooters. Not as authentic as yours but closets I will get.

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Since I retired, I can't get enough time in on these critters. Looks like I will have a couple of LRBs coming in from a group buy in the next few weeks. They will also be traditional builds.

Whatta Hobby!

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Nice Art. An all Win rifle is a nice thing to have. Mine is all major Win but for the receiver of course, and its one of my best shooters. Not as authentic as yours but closets I will get.
Lots of people say they have all this or that when in reality it’s only the stamped parts that they refer to.

REN

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lots of people say they have all this or that when in reality it’s only the stamped parts that they refer to.

REN
You Sir are not invited to participate in any of my threads. With nothing positive to add, please stay out as requested.

Nuff said.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Love them Art. Glad I got one of each but wish I had bought a few more. Far as I'm concerned, these heeled receivers/rifles are THE closest thing to a real deal. Only one can top them, a Hahn remanufactured one .. Those heels just bring them that much ahead of the game. Always luv when you post these Art. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love them Art. Glad I got one of each but wish I had bought a few more. Far as I'm concerned, these heeled receivers/rifles are THE closest thing to a real deal. Only one can top them, a Hahn remanufactured one .. Those heels just bring them that much ahead of the game. Always luv when you post these Art. Thanks.
Wow! Great job. Beautiful rifles. I have always put an original all Winchester receiver and parts M14 rifle at the top of my rifle want list. It’s good news we don’t have to move to Belgium to possibly acquire one. Thanks for posting the pictures.

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ya'll are welcome. I will have to dig out a few more photos of the close to real deal rifles and post them. Dang, this is fun. These 3 went together with an assortment of parts and they turned out to be pretty decent shooters.

·
Premium Member
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2017 was a good year for doing traditional build with usgi heeled receivers. This 5 is a pretty good representation. I worked on these in between working on my real passion, the precision M14s.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts