M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what is the correct safety for a Winchester M14 trigger group,did they mark there safeties.

·
Registered
236 Posts
WRA marked

I've got a safety that is marked WRA, the tooling marks look like a chicken bit it off, However it could be a Garand safety. It is my understanding that they are interchangable, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Re: Safety

Lee Emerson's "M14 Rifle History and Development" lists the safety as one of the M-14 parts made by Olin Mathieson ( i.e. Winchester) but I've never seen one.

Back when I was putting together some trigger groups, most of the people that I talked to said that "OM" marked M-14 safeties were "scarce as hen's teeth" and Winchester groups would commonly be seen with "K8" marked safeties.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
K8 marked safeties were produce by Killeen Machine & Tool. The known contract was in 1969. If there were some provided to Winchester marked K8, we cannot confirm it.

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
winchester safeties

What about the MXR marked safeties,i got one in my Winchester trigger group

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
We have not been able to identify the maker. Those safeties were on mid 1950's Garands, and some very early Winchester M14's.

Whether they were provided to Winchester by the contractor, or Springfield Armory, we do not know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts