M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been following this Winchester barrel on gunbroker for sometime, and it appears that a well known member here ran it all the way up to.... get this, $750.00 plus shipping!
Gunbroker item#435243694

Seems I'm not the only one willing to spend the coin. That is more than I paid for my TRW NM Barrel!

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm with you Brian, I am glad to pay for high quality parts. Winchester barrels are hard to find in that kind of condition, I'm lucky to have one. But they sure do make for an expensive build.

The same person who was bidding it up so high, spoke ill of others who have done the same thing. Just seemed like double standards to me.

·
Premium Member
7,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow that's alot of coin for a reparked rewrapped used Winchester barrel.
tnw50cal,

You are probably right but the condition was the selling factor. You just don't see them in that kind of shape. Repark or not that was one fine barrel, though I couldn't bring myself to spent that much money on a barrel I already have.

If I didn't have one, it would have gone for much more.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wow I am very tempted to put my early poly Winchester on the market now.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Wow! I do not feel so bad about spending $450 on a NOS SA barrel now. I am planning to do a Winchester build soon, but if the barrels are all that expensive then my plans will change. That looks nice to me, but it must look VERY Nice to the buyer.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I'm with you Brian, I am glad to pay for high quality parts. Winchester barrels are hard to find in that kind of condition, I'm lucky to have one. But they sure do make for an expensive build.

The same person who was bidding it up so high, spoke ill of others who have done the same thing. Just seemed like double standards to me.
Ren, I find it very difficult to believe that there are ANY hypocrites amongst us. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.