M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
If there is a pin punch dimple on or next to the P marking on the chamber, it was removed from a M14 rifle. You could ask the seller to take and post a photo of the markings on the chamber. The barrel was manufactured during rifle production at Winchester. Chances are it was installed on a rifle. The barrel material is 4150 alloy steel.

·
Administrator
17,385 Posts
Started at 475$ seams very high to me. I do know the new Winchester barrel I last bought was 210$ just five years ago. I hope that I'm not behind the times already...

DI5

Reactions: basenjishunt

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey I puchased an M1A in Camp Lejeune about 12 years ago. It was built in 98 but it too came with a Winchester Barrel. I did some research on here. I was told by one of the "Gun Professionals" on here that it was a left over barrel from when Winchester suplied barrels for the M14. Im thinking mine was made in 61 or 62. I cant remember. Anyway he said it would be a great barrel since it was ment for the M14 platform that would shoot full auto. I have had it for about 400 rounds and it still shoots great. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey I puchased an M1A in Camp Lejeune about 12 years ago. It was built in 98 but it too came with a Winchester Barrel. I did some research on here. I was told by one of the "Gun Professionals" on here that it was a left over barrel from when Winchester suplied barrels for the M14. Im thinking mine was made in 61 or 62. I cant remember. Anyway he said it would be a great barrel since it was ment for the M14 platform that would shoot full auto. I have had it for about 400 rounds and it still shoots great. Good luck.
I'm passing on it.. Too expensive...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts