M14 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LGS (in Switzerland) has a sale on this ammo, just over $ 200 per 1000

I believe the 50 rds boxes inside should look like this

I am not familiar with it since we get mostly get European 9 mm (Geco, S&B, Fiocchi) and Brazilian Magtech

I’ve shot Winchester ammo in other calibers (30-30, .45 WM) and it was quality ammo but I’ve read some negative comments about their 9 mm white box

Is this good stuff ? Price is the lowest I can find for any 9 mm

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
617 Posts
$200 for a thousand rounds of Super X? Buy that by a truck load and never feel you did bad or wrong. Maybe if you bought a pallet dude will knock off a few Francs? At that price even the "White" box ain't bad.

Now I would classify "White" box at little better than S&B and Fiocchi (dirty but it'll go bang). My local gun shop recommended told me Magteck ain't bad so I bought them on his recommendation.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I've shot the 9MM 115 grain FMJ and the 124 grain FMJ NATO in some of my guns.

The 9MM was dirty as can be. Way worse than my reloads or the Federal 115 grain FMJ I usually used. Also, the 115 grain Winchester ammo would not shoot the smaller groups the Federal FMJ and my reloads will in my CZ pistols and AR9 carbine.

The 124 grain FMJ NATO 9MM ammo shoots the best groups my M&P 2.0 5" FDE can shoot. I bought enough to last awhile in case I never manage to duplicate (or improve) it with my reloads (got some 124 grain hollow points and several brands of powder to try, some day).

Doesn't sound like you've got an "ammo shortage" over there. 9MM FMJ ammo that was going for $180/thousand this time last year is $500/thousand now - if you can find it. Glad I'm a reloader.

Reactions: CLASSIC12

·
Registered
523 Posts
I have never had any problem with Winchester 9mm in my CZ P01 (only 9mm I own). It's plinking ammo. Accuracy was mediocre in my experience. It's good for practice or a fun day on the range. I would take it at that price. If I had to use a little extra solvent to clean my gun after a range trip, I would take that trade off. Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've bought several cases of that 124 gr a while back when PSA was selling by the case with free shipping. It shoots good from my G17. Those are 500 round case boxes and if you can get 1000 rounds at that price I'd hurt myself trying to get to my wallet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I had a few feeding issues in my Luger a few years ago after I replaced the springs.
It runs fine in all of my other 9s. $200/case would be a smoking deal over here.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm kicking myself for when I passed up $90-100 per thousand 9mm at gun shows not that many years ago, I used to say ahhh I'll get it next time, it will be here. good deals get em when you can

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the feedback

I asked if there is a further rebate for 5000 rounds but answer was no, price is rock bottom, so I decided to pick up 2000 rounds for starters and get some more later if the guns and I like it

Then went to try them at the range, usual 25 meters offhand

GTG, the Sig P210-6 shoots just fine with that, so I’ll get some more soon.

·
Registered
232 Posts
180.00 is usually my price point and maybe 200.00. So I would purchase what you can over the next couple weeks as here in the States 9mm is quite pricey. So I see no 9mm being shipped oversea's when the U.S.Government needs mass quantities and the U.S. Public can not get enough even at 650.00 bucks a thousand cartridges.

And as the Winchester posted in the picture was Made in the USA you will not see any more for quite some time unless there was a shipload of it warehoused somewhere close by.

As for the other world's ammunition makers, they are loading as fast as they can now as the ammo rush is in full swing here in the States. I have never seen the level of panic in ammunition, in such a brutal market.

Buy it cheap and stack it deeep. And get you some more ammunition storage containers.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Whats the deal with the lead free primer?

Reactions: CLASSIC12

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Whats the shelf life on those primers?

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
I’ve never understood the dirty ammo argument when it comes to handguns. Seems like they are all dirty ammo to me and I always clean after shooting anyways. It’s always dirty after I shoot anything in them.
I agree but some brands do tend to leave heavier fouling than others. I think when people complain about "dirty" ammo, they are the people who don't like or enjoy cleaning their handguns after the range like they should. They want the ammo that they can just do a quick wipedown and not have to apply any effort.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I’ve never understood the dirty ammo argument when it comes to handguns. Seems like they are all dirty ammo to me and I always clean after shooting anyways. It’s always dirty after I shoot anything in them.

I am right with you Cap. I always clean my firearms and at that time I will do my inspection of the firearm at the same time. Just a habit I guess while shooting if it is my firearm or a friends, I will inspect the brass also and look for anything that is abnormal.

Different kinds of ammunition have their own quality and inherent model usage. 9mm is not all made the same, and is loaded for purpose in mind, specific firearms, perhaps machine pistol vs semi auto pistol.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts