M14 Forum banner

Winchester 16 gauge Model 12

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  82nd ABN 
#1 ·
I seem to recall a forum member recently stating they were looking for a 16 gauge Winchester model 12...here's a link. Horst is a well established auctioneer if someone wants to bid. I have no connection to either the gun or Horst Auctions.

Winchester Model 12 | HiBid Auctions | Pennsylvania

#6 ·
Not a bad looking shotgun for its age, 1920. Only drawback for me is looks or appears the stock was cut to add a recoil pad. Happened a lot it seems back in the day.

Hopefully, the fella who was looking for a 16ga. Model 12 will see this.
I think you might be right. Here's another of that model for comparison even though it's 12 gauge:

Or this one:
Winchester Model 1212 Gauge Manufactured 1921

One in 16 gauge:
Sold Price: WINCHESTER MODEL 12, 16 GAUGE SHOTGUN - August 6, 0120 1:00 PM EDT

Length of pull of the wood looks different.

#4 ·
I had a chance to buy a Model 12 in 16ga that some one had restocked in Birds Eye Maple and reblued super deep for 200$ of course this was 30 years ago, if it had been in 12ga I probably would have bought it, now I have two 16ga SG's, a Mossberg 190 bolt action with a slect-a a choke and a Wards brand SxS. I also found at a church rummage sale a guy that had a small suitcase of 16ga shells [Winchester paper hulls and old blue box Federal's] all factory ammo, there must be 30 boxes in total, I think I paid $40 for all of them. this was about 20 years ago.

eQ

#8 ·
Now that is something worth seeing photos of, the 16 ga Model 12! 1950's were good years, in fact the last good years in my opinion for Winchester! Most of the pre-64 Winchesters I have are from the 50's. If you ever go to part with her I'd surely be interested!

#7 ·
From a sporting firearms selection I very much prefer the Winchester Model 12 shotgun. Pretty much a fail safe system and mfg. from all steel components, no aluminum nor plastic, built to last for decades. I use a Model 12 Trap gun which was my fathers and he shot it a great deal(mfg. in early 50's) and I have put a very large number of rounds through it myself as a trap shooter. Have never had it to fail to fire, no broken parts and it literally eats those clay pigeons.
What is not to like???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.