M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at having a rifle built using your Match Standard 18.5" barrel, your gas lock adjustable front sight block, your taller front sight, and a Smith Vortex flash hider for suppressor use. Your website says that the match standard barrel runs .600" from the gas cylinder splines to the flash hider splines. I wanted to find out if your match standard barrel is compatible given the larger diameter area from the gas block to the muzzle threads- with an M14 Vortex.

Thanks,

7n6

·
Forum Jester
7,710 Posts
all barrels from the gas block out are the same

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Our barrels are different from the gas block forward. We changed the diameter to give us some options if threading and to make them more rigid.

If you are asking if our barrel will work with the Vortex and our AGLFS the answer is yes. The Vortex make shoulder against our locking ring, but it has not caused any issues in our testing. The Vortex self tightens so the whole system become more rigid.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our barrels are different from the gas block forward. We changed the diameter to give us some options if threading and to make them more rigid.

If you are asking if our barrel will work with the Vortex and our AGLFS the answer is yes. The Vortex make shoulder against our locking ring, but it has not caused any issues in our testing. The Vortex self tightens so the whole system become more rigid.

I'm looking at your barrel, your gas lock front sight block, and building everything onto an LRB M25 receiver. I am clearing some room in the safe for this next project.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts