M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm worried that I won't be able to find an m1a loaded come tax return time.i traded one off in the spring and replaced it with another scout.BUT it's killing me that I got rid of it.ill have to wait till late February till I can afford another.hell,I can't even find any in stock anywhere now.palmetto state had one in stock last week for 1700 but that's long gone.the regret hasn't even hit me till recently.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I doubt if he will be able to move that fast. If you find any the prices will be high. Hell, the way he was coughing the other day he might not make the 20th!

·
Registered
7,746 Posts
It's not likely that Biden will be able to ban anything. It would take an act of Congress and it doesn't look like there are enough votes in the Senate even if the Dems win in Georgia. Banning anything that has been legal for so long is the end of a political career.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
It's not likely that Biden will be able to ban anything. It would take an act of Congress and it doesn't look like there are enough votes in the Senate even if the Dems win in Georgia. Banning anything that has been legal for so long is the end of a political career.
Despite the demands for gun control, there's more than a handful of Democrat reps and senators that wouldnt politically survive passing any of the wish list items that Corn Pop and Heels Up want.

But it's 2020 and it's anyone's guess as to how it would play out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I hate to be the perennial optimist here but I am not unduly afraid, yet. Let's face it M14/M1As don't look like something that would feature big in a rap video doing a drive-by shooting. All that wood. And they're heavy. But 20 rounds is high capacity.

Let's all say a little prayer for Joe Biden living out his term without going so batty he triggers the 25th Amendment.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
If the dems submit and pass the last GC Bill (2018) - While not specifically named - M-14's have enough of the characteristics (detachable mag more than 10 rounds - threaded barrel - barrel shroud) to end up being banned too.

Text - H.R.5087 - 115th Congress (2017-2018): Assault Weapons Ban of 2018

This would apply to NEW MANUFACTURE.

The bigger concern - rule changes on personal to person sales, which were typically dictated at the state level (CO/CA/etc.). And also reg changes with BATFE - the scariest of which, would be requiring FLL's to submit all their 4473's on file, as well as all subsequent 4473's - which would amount to FEDERAL REGISTRATION - since they would have a list of everything anyone has purchased that a 4473/BG check was run on.

If the 2 GA seats are stolen also (almost sure to happen any way you slice it - even with additional scrutiny on the process) - the left will move as QUICKLY AS THEY CAN to implement their wish list. There is much they can do, that has already been done in prior legislation and rule changes at ATF - to make M-14 gunners lives miserable.

Buyback confiscations - not likely. Red Flag laws - very likely. Potentially making everything on the list already owned a Class III registration - has been discussed.

While any of these WE CONSIDER A 2A INFRINGEMENT - the courts have let them through in the past - no reason to believe they will not in the future.

I'm currently having a "Joe Biden Is Not My President" gun sale. Despite the fact that everything I plan on KEEPING - IS NAMED SPECIFICALLY on the 2018 list...

Been awhile since I've been on here - came on to list some of my M-14's.

Best wishes to all...

Rick

·
Registered
400 Posts
Only if some perp used a star wars stocked M14 style in some mass carnage. The libs only know that if it LOOKS sinister, it has to be banned. That's not saying that it could be mistakenly included in some verbiage designed to outlaw all ARs & AKs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Only if some perp used a star wars stocked M14 style in some mass carnage. The libs only know that if it LOOKS sinister, it has to be banned. That's not saying that it could be mistakenly included in some verbiage designed to outlaw all ARs & AKs.
Don't forget what happened at Broward County Fl., Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School. The good Sheriff Scott Israel and a Democrats in control created cluster.
They practically held the door open for the shooter. JMHO.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I don't view the dimocrats as having a mandate to do anything. As far as I'm concerned, they stole this election through fraud and that makes Biden and all his cronies illegitimate and all laws enacted under his administration null and void from the outset. Nothing has any validity until we have an election that is viewed by all voters as being fair and free of fraud.

·
Registered
6,157 Posts
I don't view the dimocrats as having a mandate to do anything. As far as I'm concerned, they stole this election through fraud and that makes Biden and all his cronies illegitimate and all laws enacted under his administration null and void from the outset. Nothing has any validity until we have an election that is viewed by all voters as being fair and free of fraud.
Amen
I will not comply with any new gun laws from bidens administration. If BLM can burn down a entire city why should i worry about a gun law.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm sure the armor clad feds carrying black guns will be interested in discussing civics while you scan the warrant through your peep hole.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Harris is the one to be concerned about. Her gigantic fan base is very anti-constitutional whether they realize it or not. I think the sheep are starting to really outnumber the sheep dogs. How did the Revolutionary War start again? Oh yeah, the free people refused to be sheep. I've been speculating lately on what would happen if their very criminalizing AWB actually got pushed through.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Harris is the one to be concerned about. Her gigantic fan base is very anti-constitutional whether they realize it or not. I think the sheep are starting to really outnumber the sheep dogs. How did the Revolutionary War start again? Oh yeah, the free people refused to be sheep. I've been speculating lately on what would happen if their very criminalizing AWB actually got pushed through.
Depends on what it looks like. If as before it just bans certain features and grandfathers existing semi's already owned, then its not a huge thing and the courts will uphold it. If on the other hand they go full retard and try for a confiscatory ban or try to put them under the NFA as has been talked about, well thats a whole other animal.
For that we can perhaps look to our northern neighbors who when faced with something similar just did largely nothing, the law was mostly ignored until it was finally removed from the books as a non starter.
Here I suspect there will be massive non-compliance with anything like that. Hard to imagine cops going door to door without warrants wanting to see what kind of guns folks have. I just dont think we are anywhere near that yet, regardless the party in power.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts