M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently started gathering USGI TRW parts from the PX and Gunbroker; planning on a "gradual" build of a USGI dominated rifle. Spend about $700 on trigger, oprod and bolt over the past month. Then I see a new Loaded SAI on GB and put in a bid, just for the heck of it. Just checked and I won the darn thing. I got a pretty good deal but I wasnt really prepared to take the plunge just yet.... I just couldnt control myself.... I think I have a problem!

Sorry, just looking for a little support RNGR3

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wifes gonna kill me 2

I just brought another one home yesterday have a 30 gun safe and had to cull a lesser rifle lol
thought wife was gonna kill me when she saw it she said thats beautiful...
I then explained I had to take a rifle out to make room she suggested I get another safe...
Somethings fishy here... whats she want???
lol
GI5

·
Registered
408 Posts
I recently started gathering USGI TRW parts from the PX and Gunbroker; planning on a "gradual" build of a USGI dominated rifle. Spend about $700 on trigger, oprod and bolt over the past month. Then I see a new Loaded SAI on GB and put in a bid, just for the heck of it. Just checked and I won the darn thing. I got a pretty good deal but I wasnt really prepared to take the plunge just yet.... I just couldnt control myself.... I think I have a problem!

Sorry, just looking for a little support RNGR3
Tell her gee Honey just look at all the spair parts I have now.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Do not be Ashamed Embrace it. Most of of here are "Cats" and have Nine Lives.Now me Myself I am still trying to recuperate from my Last Castration.

·
"Death From Above"
11,887 Posts
One of the mods a couple of years ago said it like this when I was on a steady diet of 14's the more trees there are in the forest the harder it is to tell what treess there are. I can't remember which one said it, I think it was federal god rest his soul. It works because I have added about 7 M14's two more ithica shotguns a 1903A3 a colt 1911 three Ar types and she has no clue because they all blend in together. The hard part is hiding the parts around the house. We have been married for almost four years now and I simply don't care if she knows anymore. The bills are paid and that's all she has to know.

·
Registered
838 Posts
82nd ABN;One of the mods a couple of years ago said it like this when I was on a steady diet of 14's the more trees there are in the forest the harder it is to tell what treess there are. I can't remember which one said it, I think it was federal god rest his soul. It works because I have added about 7 M14's two more ithica shotguns a 1903A3 a colt 1911 three Ar types and she has no clue because they all blend in together. The hard part is hiding the parts around the house. We have been married for almost four years now and I simply don't care if she knows anymore. The bills are paid and that's all she has to know.

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's perfectly fine and totally justifiable to us, but on the other the wife thing hmmmm:-/ I can tell you from my stand point if I work hard I deserve some of the finer things in life so with that said work on the wife maybe some flowers a nice piece of jewelry or dinner but for crying out loud enjoy that fine rifle you won and good luck!

FWIW I usually make my purchase after the wife has made hers :)))

·
Registered
8,680 Posts
Unfortunately, my wife is observant enough to tell the rifles apart. Ugghhh....

·
Registered
576 Posts
My wife an I been together 32 years this past August and we have a deal I never go in her pocket book she never goes in my safe! Besides I bought her a new VW Beetle and a Motorcyle 2 years ago so were both set with toys. The don't ask don't tell policy applies in my home, a great practice:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had to trade a couple in to get my M1A and still keep the peace. I had been looking at M1As for twenty five years and decided it was time. My wife is at the point where she does not recognize a different rifle or handgun but the bill paying part and three kids with two in private school and another headed there keeps me honest. Twenty years ago when I was still single I bought my first AR. A friend of mine was looking at it and said "I wish I was still single so I could get a new rifle whenever I wanted." I told him to go ahead and get a new rifle and he would probably get his wish.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hello Houston.... We have a problem...........

Yes your wife is going to freak out.

My wife still bitches about how much money I have "Wasted on gun stuff"

She will get over it and you will have a sweet gun....

·
Registered
375 Posts
Fortunately my wife knew I had quite a few guns from my single (divorced, 12 years before I met/married her) days when I had a FFL. As I got older I realized I don't need what I am not shooting since my tastes have changed. So I sold them off bit by bit till I got funds together for the specific guns I really wanted. Another fortunate thing is she can't tell what I have/had before, so when I pull one out that she questions "where did that come from" I tell her that I had it BEFORE I met her. I just have to keep a few of them out of sight of my stepsons so they don't dime me out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.