1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manufacturer: Troy Industries SBRA-CLM-06BT-00
Item: 9-71804
UPC: 812699013007

Directs muzzle blast and sound forward, away from the shooter, while retaining effective muzzle brake properties. Very low dust signature, without swirling effect. Works as an improvised breaching device. Threads are 5/8 X24 TPI, not compatible with any M-14/M1A rifles. Made in the U.S.A.

Fits:
7.62x51mm NATO

.308 Winchester
6.8SPC

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
This is part of the description

Directs muzzle blast and sound forward, away from the shooter, while retaining effective muzzle brake properties. Very low dust signature, without swirling effect. Works as an improvised breaching device. 7.62 NATO/.308/6.8 (5/8 X24 TPI) Not Compatible with any M-14/M1A rifles. Made in the U.S.A.

Not sure why it is not compatible with any M-14/M1A.

Would be interested in finding out why.

Jim

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
it fits ar-10s and .300 blk

here the thing though, i own a 5/8x24 surefire adapter, and for s&gs i tried it on my m1a. it seem to thread on there just fine! slight coarse fit but it does not seem to damage the threads.

what would happen if i shoot the rifle with one of these on it? will it fly off ? whats the real difference in the m14 and 5/8x24 pitch? it seems to me if i use the rockset it would be fine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
It's not compatible because it uses a 5/8x24 thread. The threads on a M14 is different. You need a something like the Delta P to convert to the 5/8x24 thread.

Dresden beat me to it.

Isn't the thread size on a m14 barrel .595 while 5/8 is .625 so thats .03 difference. Also I think thread pitch is different between the two as well.

Also if you don't want the front sight base design of the Delta P. Gem-Tech came out with a direct connect adapter.

·
Registered
6,307 Posts
I'm guessing that they are worried about increasing he pressure at the gas port, or lengthening the duration of the pressure pulse.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was my idea to mount it on a delta P or SEI..

I just dont want the barrel of my new scout to explode or become a black hole...

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
It's an SEI replacement. Your muzzle device will work on the M1A if you get the adapter. You have to get a neutered flash supressor for a scout or you can't get your gas piston out for maintenance, unless you remove the FS.

Nothings gonna blow up your rifle, people switch stuff out all the time.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
The barrel thread is .595"-32 NS, it's the wrong size and thread pitch for the 5/8 - 24. You need the adapter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts