M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...does the guy not even have a dedicated website. And you cant call him, you email him personally first.

Directly from the "web site":
"Take a look at Les Tam ( [email protected] ) slings, he has no web site just an e-mail address. You e-mail him he'll give you a phone number to call."

Now maybe i have the wrong web site, but regardless. Ive only heard great things about the guy but what a VERY STRANGE way to run a business!!!!!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Tom,

I hope I can help a little here... :lol:

Les Tam has had a web site up since I can remember. Go to: http://www.sharkysdive.net/lestamslings.htm . His phone number is on the web site if you prefer to call and ask questions.

My feedback on his slings is that they are VERY well made slings. I've got a few Les Tam slings now and the craftsmanship is OUTSTANDING!

I've also got MRT slings, leather from Springfield Armory, Turner and couple of others, bought for general and everyday use and all excellent slings. However, I would recommend a Les Tam custom sling for any match competitor and for those who want a top notch product for their special rifles.

I have personally met with Les Tam on a few occasions and can say that every one of his slings are hand made and he will not make them until he gets specific information on who it is for. From what I know, he is a one man shop and not a company of people making these slings. With the low prices that he charges he is probably not making a lot of money on each sling.

The general procedure for buying a Les Tam sling is that you first send him email. He usually responds very quickly unless out of town at a match, hunting, etc. He does take phone calls and inquiries, but I am guessing, but the email serves as a form of documentation. He then responds by sending a data/price sheet with additional information on how to proceed. This also probably serves as a means to keep track that all new customers have been informed of his product and how to proceed. His phone number is included with the email so that the customer can contact him via phone at this point or continue with email.

I am sure that email is also convenient because he is probably constantly doing things and may not be around a phone but since my first order, I have simply used the phone to order additional slings.

Although I am only guessing at how or why he does business the way he does, I can say that Les Tam has been a very "down to Earth" person to deal with, he is VERY responsive and VERY accomodating. He has never let me down and I have probably had about 7-10 slings ordered through him.

I hope this helps...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.