M14 Forum banner

Why I Like Inlands

991 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Charlie59 
#1 ·
I got one of the last rackers from CMP earlier in the year. Here is a thirty shot group, from a 6.7 Inland, bbl. 01-45. MW is just under 2, bbl. has some light pitting. The magazine is a well worn SEY 30 round, which I think is original USGI. Distance was 50 yd., and I shot from a bench. No malfunctions whatsoever. Weather was warm, with little wind. The last 5 rounds are the flyers on the left. Not sure if something loosened up, more likely I pulled them. I can live with this rifle. Thanks for looking,

Charlie

See less See more
#2 ·
30 rounds you say?? I only see 8 . . . oh wait . . that one larger hole was 22 rounds . . ?? at 50 yards??

I'll take it also . .

EXCELLENT shooting , Sir!! And a very NICE .30 Carbine . .

Pics of the rifle are required or it does not exist!!!

#4 ·
As the need for carbines began winding down towards the end of WWII, the government canceled carbine contracts from all but two makers. They HAD to continue accepting Winchesters as Winchester had come up with the carbine, however, they kept Inland making carbines because they made the best carbine overall.

#5 ·
Once I saw the size of the group, I got a bit nervous, and that's when the group opened up. Next time out, I'll shoot regular slow fire, and then go to 100 yd. to see what happens there.. It doesn't seem to have a problem w/ a pitted barrel. BTW, I was shooting the LC 72 CMP was selling a couple months ago.
Thanks for looking, and for the comments!

Charlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.