M14 Forum banner

Why Do You Own The M14 M1A Rifle?

22827 Views 225 Replies 158 Participants Last post by  mos
Myself I see the M14-M1a as the Premier U.S. Battle Rifle, Period

No doubt about it for reliability the robust design and engineering have created a long lasting versatile Weapon that has short or long range capability to follow shot after shot at desired target with accuracy and the knockdown power.

The Rifle just sitting there is SEXY, and you just want to hold the Rifle, and look through the sights and PLACE the bullet into the desired target. Hmmmm

And the MEN that have used the Rifle in combat that participate on the Forum to further the constructive use of Rifle for Marksmanship skills. Thank YOU to all that participate here, on the Forum.

I myself read here every day and continue to learn more about a Rifle that I have held for self assurance for over 30 years. That to practice my Marksmanship skills will make me a
better prepared Rifleman. Anything that I have written here is not ment to offend or DisHonor Men that have seen the Elephant, if I can use that term.

Why Do You Own The M14-M1A Rifle?
221 - 226 of 226 Posts

· Registered
1,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
Long ago my interest in martial arms came from reading books on military conquest, from very early history to at the time Viet Nam. The Rifle has been part of my life for allot of years. I started with medievil pikes and weapons as a young lad. .22 .32 rimfires next and from then on levers and SAA. Now I have no single niche that I concentrate on, but it seems that everytime I say no more M14 type I look at the parts that are sitting and get another receiver or firesale Rifle and the trend continues.

I was doing RB's and Army, Navies, BP., but have 2 M14 Rifles in the stages of being completed. And 2 AR's that need the use of the benches.

Today it is maintanence on the CUCV.

· Registered
86 Posts
I have told this story a couple of times. It started back in the 60's. There was a line of toy gun sets on the market called Johnny Eagle. There were three different ones. The other two don't matter, but the Johnny Eagle Lieutenant set had a rifle that looked like an M14 and a pistol the looked like a 1911. Without going into a lot of details, they were very realistic and it was my favorite. Then, fast-forward to boot camp in the Navy. We had to qualify with a rifle and a handgun. The rifle was an M14 and the handgun was a 1911. I have always thought that the M14 was a beautiful weapon. When I got back into shooting, the first two weapons I purchased was a Springfield M1A and a Remington 1911R1. So, I had Johnny Eagle for real this time. I have never wanted to own an AR-15 or an AK-47. It's the rifle that I feel comfortable with.

· Registered
M1A Loaded
21 Posts
I own an M1A "Loaded" as I can't reload for my HK-91 clone due to the HK destroying brass. Also it is a great rifle with which I can hunt, target shoot, and defend my property.

The classic lines and construction of the M1A also are a factor for owning this rifle.

Reactions: MuleSkinner88
221 - 226 of 226 Posts